Contribute
Register

Post OS X Cinebench CPU and Graphics Benchmarks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Post OS X Yosemite Cinebench CPU and Graphics Benchmarks

Nothing seems to be too sketchy but still cant seem to get two monitor to run.
2015-03-10_2007.jpg2015-03-10_2004.jpg

I don't know what Yosemite uses to determine old vs in-use data in memory, but when there is not enough free memory, some of CINEBENCH's memory gets compressed even when the application is in focus.

I guess the lesson here is that if you run high-performance or memory-heavy apps and don't want to OS swapping or compressing your loaded memory, turn memory compression off... or reboot a lot and don't multi-task. :D

Yeah i think you are right... just did some tests and when theres 0 compressed memory I get 100+fps cinebench and snappier overall UI performance. When there is compressed memory (1-2gigs) results drop to 50fps and UI is laggy (expose, spaces, etc.)

Old, Asus Rampage II Extreme, with old Xeon x5650 little overcloked.

Attachments

• cinebench15_mac.jpg
    cinebench15_mac.jpg
    507.2 KB · Views: 219

Nothing seems to be too sketchy but still cant seem to get two monitor to run.
View attachment 129921View attachment 129922

I can achieve similar results with my gtx 970 and a i7 4790K. So ATI has obviously the edge on driver optimization on OS X. I'm curious what the results would look like with a native maxwell driver. :D

Cinebench-R15.jpgGeekbench 3.jpg

Last edited:

Are you using the X version ? My R9 290 max at 65fps only and experience graphical glitch in games like cities skylines...please share your experience :) Something must be wrong with my GPU then

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back