Contribute
Register

Post-Install Reboot Loop and Pulling My Hair Out

Status
Not open for further replies.
THANK YOU! I was having an issue where the system would just restart . I think it may actually be the razor synapse ! - I am going to copy pasta some of these things -- I did also notice some high CPU usage for me -- seemed it may have been spotlight --- disabled spotlight with "sudo mdutil -a -i off" and then removed the caches with "
sudo rm -rf /.Spotlight-V100/*"

Thank you! Was wondering what was causing the restart - going to remove synapse here now and see if that helps. I also noticed a high CPU usage on my system and looks like it was spotlight - I disabled spotlight with terminal "
sudo mdutil -a -i on"
and then removed the caches with " sudo rm -rf /.Spotlight-V100/*" - updating to 10.12.1 now to see if sound still works :)

Thank you! Was wondering what was causing the restart - going to remove synapse here now and see if that helps. I also noticed a high CPU usage on my system and looks like it was spotlight - I disabled spotlight with terminal "
sudo mdutil -a -i on"
and then removed the caches with " sudo rm -rf /.Spotlight-V100/*" - updating to 10.12.1 now to see if sound still works :)

Glad I could help. Obviously you know this, but if you're going to do this in terminal (rather than single user mode) you're going to need to perform a lot of those commands as admin (e.g. add "sudo")

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back