Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Using Gigabyte-z97x-ud7-TH w/4790k and reference gtx970.

I updated the clover bootloader and then installed through the app store, which is what I did for el capitan. After some fiddling in the settings I got the nVidia web drivers to work. Now a bigger problem: about 20 seconds after I login, the computer reboots. It appears to be some sort of kernel panic, but I can't manipulate it long enough to even get my diagnostic logs. Here is the verbose message I get when I tell the computer not to reboot on panic.

Anyone have any ideas what's going on?

Attachments

• IMG_4881.JPG
    IMG_4881.JPG
    767.7 KB · Views: 110
  • IMG_4883.JPG
    IMG_4883.JPG
    704.2 KB · Views: 126
Last edited:
Using Gigabyte-z97x-ud7-TH w/4790k and reference gtx970.

I updated the clover bootloader and then installed through the app store, which is what I did for el capitan. After some fiddling in the settings I got the nVidia web drivers to work. Now a bigger problem: about 20 seconds after I login, the computer reboots. It appears to be some sort of kernel panic, but I can't manipulate it long enough to even get my diagnostic logs. Here is the verbose message I get when I tell the computer not to reboot on panic.

Anyone have any ideas what's going on?

I am having the exact same problem. Let me know if you manage to solve it. I will do the same.

I am having the exact same problem. Let me know if you manage to solve it. I will do the same.

Will do. Have you tried a clean install yet? That was going to be my next move but I won't bother if someone else has tried and failed.

Will do. Have you tried a clean install yet? That was going to be my next move but I won't bother if someone else has tried and failed.
No. I was planning on doing the same. I think the problem is coming from the GPU. I was able to boot this weekend after unplugging it, booting using the onboard graphics and then plugging it back in. Everything worked fine, I did a time machine backup in sierra and even let it sleep for a while to see if the problem would come back. All was fine so I shut the machine off and left it until Monday. Since that time, I can't keep the machine working long enough to do any tinkering. No matter what boot arguments I use, it still reboots after about 20 seconds, give or take a few.

No. I was planning on doing the same. I think the problem is coming from the GPU. I was able to boot this weekend after unplugging it, booting using the onboard graphics and then plugging it back in. Everything worked fine, I did a time machine backup in sierra and even let it sleep for a while to see if the problem would come back. All was fine so I shut the machine off and left it until Monday. Since that time, I can't keep the machine working long enough to do any tinkering. No matter what boot arguments I use, it still reboots after about 20 seconds, give or take a few.

That's good to know—I'll give that a shot when I get home. If it's possible that this could be fixed by graphics drivers then I might hold off on burning the whole sucker to the ground.

The clean install system is stable, but now I can't get the sound to work. Any ideas?

Toleda's audio script fixed it for me. YMMV. Did you do a clean install without the GPU and then install GPU and web driver? Or something else?

Toleda's audio script fixed it for me. YMMV. Did you do a clean install without the GPU and then install GPU and web driver? Or something else?

I did a clean install with the GPU in and then installed the web driver. Before you do all that--do you use Razer Synapse?

Because if you do use, or have ever used, Razer Synapse, that is the problem; I know because I reinstalled it and the same thing started happening. I thought I was going insane.

Boot into single user mode, mount your drive, and remove everything associated with Razer Synapse (or at least these things, which are what I removed).

launchctl remove com.razer.rzupdater
launchctl remove com.razerzone.rzdeviceengine
rm /Library/LaunchAgents/com.razer.rzupdater.plist
rm /Library/LaunchAgents/com.razerzone.rzdeviceengine.plist
rm -rf /Library/Application\ Support/Razer/
rm -rf ~/Library/Application\ Support/Razer/
rm -rf /Library/Extensions/RazerHid.kext (NOT S/L/E)
rm -rf /Applications/Razer\ Synapse.app

I also rebuilt my kext cache to be safe.

sudo rm -r /System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions
sudo kextcache -update-volume /

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back