HD 4400, 1366x768
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
This is a Haswell Series 8 laptop, with a 1.7GHz processor, Intel HD4400 graphics, and an IDT92HD95 audio codec.

I followed the instructions posted for Booting with Clover and Installing Laptops. ( I used the https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/. and https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...book-zbook-using-clover-uefi-hotpatch.261719/. to create the USB installer and then actually install it.)

I'm using HFS+ partitions and an SSD. I have 4GB RAM installed in 1 bank (2nd bank unpopulated). I've ordered an AzureWave BCM card for this laptop but it hasn't arrived yet.

I did my best to read, re-read and check steps as I went though it. (I actually installed High Sierra on my Probook 4530s as a warmup, then repeated the process - with a few needed differences, on the 350 G1.)

What works correctly:
  • Booting (using the config.plist from installation) - boots very quickly
  • HD4400 (shows Intel HD Graphics 4400 1536 MB)
  • USB
  • Bluetooth
  • Trackpad (detected and works - though its not a high quality trackpad) [Edit: Trackpad is fine, I just had to get used to it... I quite like it now... Double-tap to select and drag is working as well...]
  • Ethernet
  • Camera (displays properly in FaceTime)
What doesn't work consistently:
  • Booting with the post-install (final) config.plist - kernel panic
  • Sound (no device found)
  • Battery status (icon sometimes is not present at boot; icon shows but indicates 0%; using abm_firstpolldelay=8000... tried some others)
  • Sleep (screen goes black, wakes OK if woken within 15 or 20 seconds; longer than 20 seconds, it reboots)
  • Brightness controls : my keyboard has no F14/F15 keys.
  • Bluetooth (after sleeping; workaround = SystemPrefs>uncheck show Bluetooth icon in menu, recheck OR pressing the F12 Wifi button a few times)
  • Clover screen is sometimes unresponsive to key presses. (Restarting doesn't fix it - I have to shutdown, remove battery, press on, and then replace battery.)
I've poured over the thread https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/hp-350-g1-clover-yosemite-post-install-advice-please.149509 but it is somewhat outdated... and the methods have changed.

Any help would be appreciated.

Attachments

• debug_18020.zip
    1.9 MB · Views: 120
Last edited:
This is a Haswell Series 8 laptop.

I followed the instructions posted for Booting with Clover and Installing Laptops...I'm using HFS+ partitions and an SSD. I have 4GB RAM installed in 1 bank (2nd bank unpopulated). I've ordered an AzureWave BCM card for this laptop but it hasn't arrived yet.

I did my best to read, re-read and check steps as I went though it. (I actually installed High Sierra on my Probook 4530s as a warmup, then repeated the process - with a few needed differences, on the 350 G1.)

What works correctly:
  • Booting (using the config.plist from installation) - boots very quickly
  • HD4400 (shows Intel HD Graphics 4400 1536 MB)
  • USB
  • Bluetooth
  • Trackpad (detected an works - though its not a high quality trackpad)
  • Ethernet
  • Camera (displays properly in FaceTime)

What doesn't work consistently:
  • Booting with the post-install (final) config.plist - kernel panic
  • Sound (no device found)
  • Battery status (icon sometimes is not present at boot; icon shows but indicates 0%; using abm_firstpolldelay=8000... tried some others)
  • Sleep (screen goes black, wakes OK if woken within 15 or 20 seconds; longer than 20 seconds, it reboots)
  • Brightness controls : my keyboard has no F14/F15 keys.
  • Bluetooth (after sleeping; workaround = SystemPrefs>uncheck show Bluetooth icon in menu, recheck OR pressing the F12 Wifi button a few times)
  • Clover screen is sometimes unresponsive to key presses. (Restarting doesn't fix it - I have to shutdown, remove battery, press on, and then replace battery.)

I've poured over the thread https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/hp-350-g1-clover-yosemite-post-install-advice-please.149509 but it is somewhat outdated... and the methods have changed.

Any help would be appreciated.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...sing-clover-uefi-hotpatch.261719/post-1821423

I edited my original post to explicitly say that I used the https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/. and https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...book-zbook-using-clover-uefi-hotpatch.261719/. to create the USB installer and then actually install it.

I've gone through as much of the post-install as I'm able... hence the request for help. Thanks.
you need to post a verbose pic of the kernel panic

@ Feartech :
Thanks, for the encouragement to go back and try the post-install config_3x0_G1. I did some more reflection and noticed that some of the entries in probook.git/config/config_3x0_G1.plist are problematic : specifically in ACPI/DSDT/Patches that contain comments with "G4". After deleting those, it now boots without a kernel panic.

At this point, sleep is working properly as well. From what I can see, all functions (keyboard, trackpad, ethernet, bluetooth, etc.) resume after sleep+wakeup. Now only battery and sound to fix.

There are also numerous "G3" comments: I may experiment with those as well. Will post back once I sift through those.

[ I'm wondering if somehow the post-install config (as posted) should have been named config_3x0_Gx, since it contains G3, G4 and G1 patches...? ] - certainly no disrespect or criticism towards the originator of the patches...

Last edited:
@ Feartech :
Thanks, for the encouragement to go back and try the post-install config_3x0_G1. I did some more reflection and noticed that some of the entries in probook.git/config/config_3x0_G1.plist are problematic : specifically in ACPI/DSDT/Patches that contain comments with "G4". After deleting those, it now boots without a kernel panic.

At this point, sleep is working properly as well.

There are also numerous "G3" comments: I may experiment with those as well. Will post back once I sift through those.

[ I'm wondering if somehow the post-install config (as posted) should have been named config_3x0_Gx, since it contains G3, G4 and G1 patches...? ]
glad you got it working, although if you have an issue with the files, Rehabman will be the one to ask about

Battery is now (seemingly) fixed and I'm banging my head against the brick wall with less intensity... It actually works perfectly now. (Sound on the docket now...)

I'd been trying to patch the DSDT to fix the battery... to no avail... and then I saw that the config.plist for this model in git has quite a few ACPI patches enabled... precisely the ones that I was seeing in the error logs... ACPI error messages pertaining to BTIF, BIF, BAT0, etc. The problem is that those patches renamed most of the methods in DSDT necessary for the battery to be accessed.

For anyone running into the problem with battery that I had, I disabled the following APCI patches in config.plist:
Code:
change EC Method(_REG,2,N) to XREG, 4x40s, 4x30s
change _DSM to XDSM
change _OSI to XOSI
change EC0 to EC
change EHC1 to EH01
change EHC2 to EH02
change Method(BTIF,1,Serialized) to BTI0
change Method(BTST,2,Serialized) to BTS1
change Method(SBTC,3,NotSerialized) to SBT2
change Method(GBTI,1,NotSerialized) to GBT3
change Method(GBTC,0,NotSerialized) to GBT4
change Name(NBTI,..) to NBT5
change Notify(\_SB.BAT0,...) to Notify(_SB.BATC,...)
change Notify(\_SB.BAT1,...) to Notify(_SB.BATC,...)
change Notify(BAT0,...) to Notify(BATC,...)
change Notify(BAT1,...) to Notify(BATC,...)
Note that some of these might not had to be disabled, but it looked cleaner to me and less intervention... I like that.

I've attached the patch file that I used... it is only a bit different from the one's in Rehab Man's git repo. Also my current (final - ish) config.plist is attached.

Attachments

• 3x0G1-BatteryOnlySpacesleading16bitfixes.txt
    12.6 KB · Views: 124
  • config.plist
    8.3 KB · Views: 181
Last edited:
Sound now working as well. Used file below to further patch the DSDT. Sound comes back after sleep... good. Speakers are a bit tinny... ("tinny sort of word" ... makes me think of Monty Python). Luckily the Bluetooth V4 works with my earphones...

[ note: the official HP documents list the sound controller as Realtek ALC3201-GR High Definition audio, but I'm doubting that ... it seems that it has the IDT92HD95 ... I can't find any evidence to show that these two are the same... I guess the Realtek listing is just incorrect, because the IDT92HD95 setup from Acidanthera is working perfectly... ]

Next stop, remapping the brightness keys from F14/F15 (which don't exist on this keyboard) to F2/F3.

Also need to check to see if HDMI output works.

Attachments

• HP350G1AudioPatch.txt
    471 bytes · Views: 127
Last edited:
OK, I confirmed that. The BrightnessUp and BrightnessDown keys both send the same output via PS2.

I struggled and failed to get ACPIDebug.kext output to yield anything... something I probably overlooked but I will revisit this later...

In the mean time I saw this post: https://www.insanelymac.com/forum/t...hotkeys-in-dsdt/?tab=comments#comment-2139833

The patch applies cleanly on top of the two other ACPI/dsl patches, and does enable the brightness up and brightness down keys... but at a cost - the WiFi Key no longer works perfectly - the LED (normally white when WiFi is on) now shows orange. Probably a variable is being used twice (?) or some value is getting clobbered.

(AFTERTHOUGHT: perhaps the patch is fine, but there is something else in the original DSDT that is not quite right. ... ?)

It does, however, work. Brightness Keys now work.

Patch is attached.

================
NOTE:
Broadcom BCM4352 Azurewave AW-CE123H 802.11ac/nbg WiFi+BT 867Mbps Bluetooth 4.0 Combo Card

arrived... and is installed. Recognized immediately. Works well but draws more power than the stock WiFi/BT card did.

Attachments

• ACPIBrightnessKeyFixHP_350_G1.txt
    727 bytes · Views: 94
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back