Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I have the same issue where I installed 10.6.3 using iBoot and instructions from:
http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2010/04/ ... -x-on.html

I ran the Multibeast after the 10.6.6 update like in the instructions, but it boots to the apple logo and won't go past that. Even booting off the iBoot disk and trying -x it just won't go past the white apple screen. I can re-install from disk, but get the same issue the first time I reboot. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Lenovo x201
i5 M520
2.4 GHz
4 GB mem
Intel Graphics

During the install all goes well, and the x201/mac is fully functional, until I reboot.

Re: Post install boots to white Apple logo

AzureWolf said:
I have the same issue where I installed 10.6.3 using iBoot and instructions from:
http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2010/04/ ... -x-on.html

I ran the Multibeast after the 10.6.6 update like in the instructions, but it boots to the apple logo and won't go past that. Even booting off the iBoot disk and trying -x it just won't go past the white apple screen. I can re-install from disk, but get the same issue the first time I reboot. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Lenovo x201
i5 M520
2.4 GHz
4 GB mem
Intel Graphics

During the install all goes well, and the x201/mac is fully functional, until I reboot.
Boot in verbose mode, type -v and hit enter on the bootscreen

I did the -V and now after the bootup it goes to a black screen. I tried an external monitor and got a very distorted Snow Leopard desktop. So now I'm thinking it's something in the Lenovo X201 video.

Now, whenever I reboot the laptop in any mode (regular, -x, -v) it loads up and gets past the white screen then the video dies and the screen goes dark.

AzureWolf said:
I did the -V and now after the bootup it goes to a black screen. I tried an external monitor and got a very distorted Snow Leopard desktop. So now I'm thinking it's something in the Lenovo X201 video.

Now, whenever I reboot the laptop in any mode (regular, -x, -v) it loads up and gets past the white screen then the video dies and the screen goes dark.
Please type -x -v and post it here or take a photo to see where it hangs.

Edit: Jump into your Bios and have a look if there's an option to disable the Onboard Graphic

This is the -v -x screen shot. I hope it's clear enough.

Attachments

• IMG-20110226-00007.jpg
    IMG-20110226-00007.jpg
    867.1 KB · Views: 357

AzureWolf said:
Normally at that state the GFX driver would be loaded...?what the heck? :crazy: ...we talking about your Laptop right now whit Intel onboard Graphics?

try this it might work to you.

type in console "PciRoot=1" then hit Enter. if you're using iBoot try also iBoot-legacy. the iBoot-legacy work on my Lenovo laptop cuz it's Core Duo, iBoot is for Core 2 and Core i series i guess.

i have a problem also on my Lenovo 3000 G400, can't boot without iBoot disc but before i can boot directly from HDD. after i reinstalled Mac OS X i can't boot without iBoot disc anymore.

JasonTechie said:
try this it might work to you.

type in console "PciRoot=1" then hit Enter. if you're using iBoot try also iBoot-legacy. the iBoot-legacy work on my Lenovo laptop cuz it's Core Duo, iBoot is for Core 2 and Core i series i guess.
Perhaps it helps, but i don't think so it might work with this Intel onboard graphics card

JasonTechie said:
i have a problem also on my Lenovo 3000 G400, can't boot without iBoot disc but before i can boot directly from HDD. after i reinstalled Mac OS X i can't boot without iBoot disc anymore.
10.6.5 and 10.6.6 hangs on boot with that built-in Intel GFX

karacho said:
AzureWolf said:
Normally at that state the GFX driver would be loaded...?what the heck? :crazy: ...we talking about your Laptop right now whit Intel onboard Graphics?

Yes, this is on a Lenovo x201 with Intel onboard graphics.

AzureWolf said:
Yes, this is on a Lenovo x201 with Intel onboard graphics.
I found in the Wiki that 10.6.5 and 10.6.6 hangs on boot with that built-in Intel GFX. And if it might run, then just w/o QE/CI.
Let's go...Try to boot in single user mode by typing -s on the chameleon bootscreen. When you get to the root terminal type:

• fsck -fy

If fsck tells you ***** FILE SYSTEM WAS MODIFIED ***** repeat the fsck command you typed above until fsck tells you that your volume appears to be OK.
Then go on and type

• mount -uw /
    rm /System/Library/Extensions.mkext
    rm /System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/*
    rm -r /System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelHDGraphics.kext/
    rm -r /System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB.kext
    touch /System/Library/Extensions/
    reboot

Type the -v GraphicsEnabler=yes commands at the bootscreen. The 1st start takes much longer this time, this is normal...be patient and enjoy the lines which scrolls down your screen :D
If you can get to the desktop, run Kext Utility (doubleclick) and after that run Disk Utility and repair the permissions on your HD. If not, reboot but type just -v. When this not works reboot again but type -v -x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back