Contribute
Register

Post install boots to white Apple logo [SOLVED]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Post install boots to white Apple logo

karacho, this worked. Thank you :) I can now boot up my Lenovo X201 to the desktop. Now my only remaining obstacle (so far) is wireless. I can see the internet fine while hard wired, but I can't get OS X to see the Wireless (it's not even a choice, if I try to do a setup of the network through the finder, Airport is greyed out.

When I turn my wireless switch off then on, it sees it only as blue tooth, not wireless (no wireless symbol appears at the top).

If you (or anyone) knows of a fix for this, that would be great.

You're welcome. That's great :thumbup:
I havn't neither an idea about your Wireless: Intel 6250 802.11AGN nor do i know if there's a kext for. I suggest you do a search on kexts.com

Edit: It would be nice if can give a short statement (i.e which commands you must give on the bootscreen everytime or if you give no commands, your boot.plist entrys, which smbios.plist you use...) this might be helpful for others with the same problem. And pls can you set this thread to solved? Just edit the 1st post and change the topic to [SOLVED]

karacho said:
AzureWolf said:
Yes, this is on a Lenovo x201 with Intel onboard graphics.
I found in the Wiki that 10.6.5 and 10.6.6 hangs on boot with that built-in Intel GFX. And if it might run, then just w/o QE/CI.
Let's go...Try to boot in single user mode by typing -s on the chameleon bootscreen. When you get to the root terminal type:

• fsck -fy

If fsck tells you ***** FILE SYSTEM WAS MODIFIED ***** repeat the fsck command you typed above until fsck tells you that your volume appears to be OK.
Then go on and type

• mount -uw /
    rm /System/Library/Extensions.mkext
    rm /System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/*
    rm -r /System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelHDGraphics.kext/
    rm -r /System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB.kext
    touch /System/Library/Extensions/
    reboot

Type the -v GraphicsEnabler=yes commands at the bootscreen. The 1st start takes much longer this time, this is normal...be patient and enjoy the lines which scrolls down your screen :D
If you can get to the desktop, run Kext Utility (doubleclick) and after that run Disk Utility and repair the permissions on your HD. If not, reboot but type just -v. When this not works reboot again but type -v -x

Just a follow up to anyone using this string that this command from Karacho worked just as he typed it out above. Thank you again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back