Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Air
  3. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I recently purchased a gigabyte HD6870 graphics card, installed it an was immediately in business. My CustoMac recognized the card right away and loaded the Duckweed framebuffer. The only niggle with the install was that the top DVI port doesn't work, but both DP ports work so I'm relatively unconcerned.

The problem came when I ran Cinebench. 32fps in OSX, but 70fps in Windows. I've tried a few other framebuffers, but to no avail. Any idea why the benchmark is so low? Cinebench also doesn't seem to really recognize this as a 6870, instead saying "ATI Radeon BA Prototype OpenGL Engine." Any ideas? Is there a kext file I'm missing or something?

Thanks,

Garth

gdubduc said:
I recently purchased a gigabyte HD6870 graphics card, installed it an was immediately in business. My CustoMac recognized the card right away and loaded the Duckweed framebuffer. The only niggle with the install was that the top DVI port doesn't work, but both DP ports work so I'm relatively unconcerned.

The problem came when I ran Cinebench. 32fps in OSX, but 70fps in Windows. I've tried a few other framebuffers, but to no avail. Any idea why the benchmark is so low? Cinebench also doesn't seem to really recognize this as a 6870, instead saying "ATI Radeon BA Prototype OpenGL Engine." Any ideas? Is there a kext file I'm missing or something?

Thanks,

Garth

it is normal that the 6870 performs not as well in osx as in windows, i get about 50fps in osx and 78 fps in windows, it's normal. the card is reconized as ATI Radeon BA Prototype OpenGL Engine is because it is an ATI (AMD) card, with BART as it's code name, and it is an OpenGL graphics engine, mine says about the same, you don't have to worry about that...

hackintosh1997 said:
it is normal that the 6870 performs not as well in osx as in windows, i get about 50fps in osx and 78 fps in windows, it's normal. the card is reconized as ATI Radeon BA Prototype OpenGL Engine is because it is an ATI (AMD) card, with BART as it's code name, and it is an OpenGL graphics engine, mine says about the same, you don't have to worry about that...

OK, but that still doesn't tell me why the performance of the 6870 is almost the exact same as my HD6770. I cannot even break 35fps with either card.

Ideas?

same issues. i have an ati vapor x 6870 1gb. 32 fps with cinebench

same here with Sapphire HD6870 ... I think the drivers won't do better ...

I'm running the Gigabyte 6870 OC edition... i cant say what my fps is, but ill run it tonight and post my results. I have had no issues what so ever. but I guess the benchmark will tell.

Stay Tuned!!!

Ok, im back with the CINEBENCH results...

Full disclousre, my system is an i7 2700k OC 4.3Ghz, 8gb RAM at 2133mhz running of a Vertex 3 120Gb. the important part is Gigabyte 6870 OC 1Gig.

OpenGL OSX Lion - 59.73fps
OpenGL Win7 x64 - 89.56fps
CPU OSX Lion - 8.24pts
CPU Win7 x64 - 8.22pts

This is my very first time building a Hackintosh, only been running for almost 2 weeks...so i have a bit of tweaking to do...but you get the idea.

all of you are running over an over clock cpu. over clocked cpu increase gpu cinebench (don't ask me why, i have read it in a lot of forums). could you please try to do cinebench benchmark with stock cpu clock?
thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back