Contribute
Register

Pointer to RAID-0 Guide - Works with Yosemite and TonyMacX86 Tool set.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for these guides Neil, I can confirm it works fine with Yosemite 10.10.4.
I created the Raid 0 drive this morning with 2 Samsung 840EVO 250GB drives. Great improvement over my 64GB Sandisk drive.
Before:
Screen Shot 2015-07-29 at 4.13.33 PM.png
After:
Screen Shot 2015-07-30 at 3.15.11 PM.png
Cheers!
Todd

I striped a couple of 250 SSDs with Disk Utility and cloned my sys HDD onto them. I was going to start with the pointers but thought I would give it a try without first. It worked, and I am now writing this on the machine. Here's how ...

I kept the sys HDD in the mix as a backup. When the TonyMac splash-screen comes up it shows the USBEFI, SSD, SSD2 and sys HDD.

To startup on the RAID click either of the SSDs. It will say - Can't find kernel...... press any key. Press any key and you come back to the splash-screen, then I click on sys HDD and it starts up in the RAID. Clicking the SSD seems to give it the path.

If I want to startup on the sys HDD I just click on that in the first splash-screen.

Well, it's working for me, and everything seems good so far. Thought you might like to try before going into the terminal.

Can any one please tell me how to edit extra folder in raid 0 Ive tried to mount the boot OS X drives but can't find it there, i need to change system definition but can't find smbios.plist file or org.chameleon.Boot file

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back