Contribute
Register

PNY GTX 770 4GB Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
At no point has the graphics driver worked correctly. I only installed that CUDA update in an attempt to get it to work correctly. I'll power down and check the connections just to be sure, but everything should be okay on that end. Are there any kexts I could try to use in order to force it to work?

At no point has the graphics driver worked correctly.

You are assuming it is a driver problem - Others are not having these problems with GTX 770

I only installed that CUDA update in an attempt to get it to work correctly.

I understand that - you hadn't specified with any detail what you had installed, hence me being a little worried that you had found some random kext online and installed it.

I'll power down and check the connections just to be sure, but everything should be okay on that end.

I think that everything should be fine, but other than trying all the basics - I can only see a re-install as a way forward. If you have a spare HDD, then try it on that first.

Are there any kexts I could try to use in order to force it to work?

There are drivers in Mavericks that support the GTX 770, while updates are due, that is all that they are.

If you have windows or Linux then you could try installing either of these to see how things work.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/multi-booting/96000-guide-dual-booting-mountain-lion-windows-8-a.html
http://www.tonymacx86.com/snow-leop...multibooting-novice-updated-3-12-see-log.html

Adrian B

Alright, well I suppose I'll grab another HDD and try a clean install. Thank you very much for the help I really appreciate it.:thumbup:

I think that you should do a fresh Installation using UniBeast and MultiBeast 6.1.0. Do not install any web drivers/kexts from a third party.

Adrian B

Hello! I have built a system with these components. Asus px79pro board, GTX 770 graphics, 4820k processor, and samsung SSD. I have freshly installed Mavericks 10.9.2 multiple times yet I continue to have the same problem with my gtx 770. That problem is that i get VERY low fps, like 2 and the system is very laggy. Under my computer it registers as having 0MB VRAM. So, my only guess is that for some reason OSX is not recognizing my graphics card. I am totally out of ideas and I'm wondering if you can help.

P.S. I know the graphics card is working just fine because I'm using it on another SSD with windows 7 and it performs excellently!

@Leumas1311 You may want to try reading my thread from this point http://www.tonymacx86.com/graphics/...skipping-video-audio-dropping.html#post792091 , I had the same issues and this fixed it. The funny thing is, it ended up not really being the fault of the video card. I will be posting a full step by step instruction in 2 days time to make sure I get it all.
Thanks! Ill read it and be looking for your guide! I hope this fixes my problem because I have been stuck for months!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back