Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I have the PNY GeForce 9800GT 1GB graphics card. Works fine if I don't have both DVI and the HDMI Adaptor plugged in. My question is how do I get it to work so I can mirror my Screen onto my TV without it freezing at startup or when I actually start up and then plug the HDMI cable in. It's been an issue since I made the computer but It hasn't bothered me until now. I'd like to use my Bluetooth keyboard and Mouse now and use the computer on the 40inch TV. Currently I have to switch over to Windows7 to see it on the TV.

Currently using a DSDT from this site, Installed in my =Extensions= FakeSMC.kext, IOAHCIBlockStorageInector, and NVEnabler64. This is what gets my machine running fine. Like the saying goes, if it's not broke don't fix it. So I don't want to experiment with other things and have this all get messed up.

nVidia never put the proper HDMI handshaking in any of the 9800's which is required for all modern HDMI monitors and HDTVs. This is a well know issue w/o a fix. viewtopic.php?p=135945#p135945

Stork said:
nVidia never put the proper HDMI handshaking in any of the 9800's which is required for all modern HDMI monitors and HDTVs. This is a well know issue w/o a fix. viewtopic.php?p=135945#p135945

Works when I use it on Windows7 just fine. You do mean this doesn't work with OS SL. As we speak right now I am watching HBOgo on Windows7 through a HDMI cable coming out of the back of the Hackintosh displayed on my 40in Samsung TV. If I have it plugged in when I boot into OS SL that's when it just stays on a Black screen.

Anthonyx82x said:
Stork said:

Works when I use it on Windows7 just fine. You do mean this doesn't work with OS SL. As we speak right now I am watching HBOgo on Windows7 through a HDMI cable coming out of the back of the Hackintosh displayed on my 40in Samsung TV. If I have it plugged in when I boot into OS SL that's when it just stays on a Black screen.

Hi Anthonyx82x,

i have the exactly the same problem with my 9800GT 512mb dual DVI card and i never found a solution on this forum. I was wondering since your post if you managed to find a solution ?? :think:

Hi all, I recently upgraded to OS X Lion. I have a PNY nVidia GeForce 9800 GT dual DVI. In Lion I cant get QE. Also when I click mirroring I only get one screen showing while the other screen is blue but I can see the mouse on the blue screen. Any suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back