Mac
  1. iMac
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS

Attachments

• pZ87EITX2.10.zip
    5.4 MB · Views: 106
Hey let us know how you do with OS X on that Mini-ITX motherboard as it is one that I am interested in.

Good modding
neil

Hey let us know how you do with OS X on that Mini-ITX motherboard as it is one that I am interested in.

Good modding
neil

Thankyou Neil, trying it now and will report back :)

This board btw, is looking very good so far, I have most of the issues dealt with.

Well if you have OS X running the patched BIOS was not going to get much more for you. If you really think that you need the patch, you will need to seek out the help of the fellows over on InsanelyMac> OS86 Project> Developers Corner where it is an active thread and the developer CodeRush is presently active.

This is fairly complex. In some versions of some BIOSs, you can "Disable" the Security checking, and then flash to the altered BIOS. In other cases, someone doctors the check sum. Again, I was lucky that the M-Flash in the MSI BIOS did accept my patched BIOS. However, my issue was that I could not even get into OS X as it would reboot before loading up the installer.

Good modding,
neil

Im wondering if some kind soul would be able to run PMPatch on a bios for me. Ive tried it myself but keeping getting a segfault :(
Have you confirmed you need the patch? If yes, how?

Ok, I have some positive updates for this little board !

First of all though, the patched bios issue. I have a version 2.00 patched bios that I initially installed to; that worked just fine, although it was only a quick and dirty installation.

I then tried your patched 2.10 version Neil, that refused to update.

I then went to 2.10 generic from the website thinking I may be able to use it with NullCPUPowerManagement. It went straight into a reboot loop, wouldnt let me boot from the Unibeast key and would not let me reinstall either. Total fail on that one.

I then went to 2.00 generic from the website, got the same result as above.

I then went back to the 2.00 patched version, and everything works fine again.

Im not an expert on bios mods etc, but thats kinda suggesting to me that the bios does indeed need to be patched. Its just a continual boot loop with any of the original bios versions.

Now, onto the board itself, and the setup Ive just done. Ive flashed to the modded 2.00 bios and that lets me install just fine.

A quick rundown for the install:

Deafult settings in bios
Enable XMP, AHCI (On by default), HPET (On by default) - The usual settings here, nothing outta the ordinary.

Standard Unibeast install, reboot with -x, reboot again and installed Multibeast.

System Profile = Macpro5,1, deleted AppleTyMCEDriver.kext before rebooting

Updated FakeSMC and Sensors all to the latest version

Multibeast for IntelE1000 takes care of the LAN
Multibeast for ALC1150 takes care of the inbuilt audio (But see below)
UserDSDT or DSDT-Free Install

Nothing else needed from Multibeast

Both wifi and bluetooth work perfectly with a couple of extra kexts - no need to swap out the wifi card. Its an ac card too although I dont have an ac enabled router.

Unibeast is 10.8.5

Display is 27 inch ACD (DisplayPort version) with mini to full adaptor plugged into the DisplayPort of the board.

HD4600 graphics works perfect with IGPEnabler=yes and IGPlatformID=0D220003 (Default)

There is a tiny bit of lag which I assume is down to the resolution of the moinitor; its set to full resolution 2560x1440x32

USB3 front panel and rear panel works OOB with an external USB3 drive - good speeds there (Not measured yet, but definitely USB3 speed)

Fan control in bios set to silent - works very well

Ive disabled all overclocking options in bios, so with 4770K im running stock speed - its very fast and snappy

You can save bios profiles but be warned if you update the bios, you lose your saved profile - not a big issue.

This board boots and resets very quickly indeed, one of the fastest I think Ive ever used, and thats with Fast Boot disabled in the bios.

Chimera works beautifully and 100% as expected.

Not tested : mSata port on rear of board, no overclocking attempted yet.

Issues in system log :

SMC::smcInitHelper ERROR: MMIO regMap == NULL - fall back to old SMC mode
hmm.. mismatch sizes: 3100 vs 20
ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin::start - waitForService(resourceMatching(AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement) timed out
WARNING: IOPlatformPluginUtil : getCPUIDInfo: this is an unknown CPU model 0x3c
[AGPM Controller] unknownPlatform
ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin::gatherCStateOverrides - failed to set c-state demotion data: -1
Sound assertion in AppleHDAEngine at line 599

I assume some of these issues are down to the 5.1 profile, but if anyone can offer something better or needs anything else testing, let me know.

Software versions:

Unibeast : 10.8.5
Multibeast : 5.5.3
FakeSMC/Sensors : 5.3.891
10.8.5 Supplemental patch also applied.

I have to say, this board is top notch! Very good quality indeed, extremely fast and very stable so far. You definitely wont be disappointed with this bad boi.

:thumbup:

Apologies for the quite messy style of post here, just trying to get the important stuff listed while its fresh in my head.

Geekbench is 14600 at stock.

Memory summary correctly shows 8 Gb 1600 Ram.

In hardware profiler, it shows 1 stick at 1600 and the other at 1333.

bdmesg confirms this:

Slot: 0 Type 24 4096MB (DDR3 SDRAM) 1600MHz Vendor=Corsair
PartNo=CML8GX3M2A1600C9W SerialNo=00000000
SPD[0] (size): 255 @0x51
SPD[0] (size): 146 @0x52
Slot: 2 Type 24 4096MB (DDR3 SDRAM) 1333MHz Vendor=Corsair
PartNo=CML8GX3M2A1600C9W SerialNo=00000000
SPD[0] (size): 255 @0x53
SPD[0] (size): 255 @0x54
SPD[0] (size): 255 @0x55
SPD[0] (size): 255 @0x56
SPD[0] (size): 255 @0x57

Not sure if this is cosmetic or a bios issue but doesnt seem to affect the speed.

Bios shows full 8Gb at 1600 Mhz.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back