Contribute
Register

Pls help with GA-Z68MA-D2H-B3 BIOS update & i7 3770k

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've tried to put the 3770k and got again the boot loop, with uefi bios. Is there a special procedure to upgrade the cpu? Big tks

Well, after a few test I could load uefi to my motherboard, I've used one of the red usb2.0 ports on the backpanel, also changed the memory stick but seems to be the same...maybe something is no properly detected by my z68ma...Now I'm trying to boot from SSD/HDD but this is for another thread...BIG TKS to all for helping...
BTW I will test my 3770k soon...

You say here that you have been able to load the UEFI BIOS to your motherboard using the red usb2.0 ports on the back panel!

I would like and I would need to know if the boot loop problem has dissapeared when using the i7-3770k cpu?

Thank you!

I've tried to put the 3770k and got again the boot loop, with uefi bios. Is there a special procedure to upgrade the cpu? Big tks

If I refer to this post, you say that the UEFI BIOS does not work with the i7-3770k cpu. Am I right?

I dont think that the memory modules are a problem as like I said, the Integrated Graphics just borrow some memory to work. But what is the exact model of the memory you have purchased?

Maybe the Ivy Bridge CPU only works with the F10 BIOS and not the UEFI BIOS afterall. I have read somewhere on theses forums that there was a way to get back to the Fxx BIOS. But I dont have the url right now! I will let you know when I find it again!

Here is a thead that said that it is possible to get back to the Fxx BIOS.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/123-how-upgrade-bios-uefi-gigabyte-s-6-series-motherboards.html

Here is where to solution comes from :
http://www.techpowerup.com/forums/showthread.php?t=168667

*Make sure that you understand the risks if you try it! Your motherboard might never work again!

I think I finally found the solution for you :
http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/312435-30-gigabyte-z68ma-core-3570

Sorry, The only 3 things left that I can think of are -
1> If the bios chip is easily replaced then find one already flashed and replace it - I have sent off an email to biosdepot to see if they carry yours. I did mine on the Asus P6T6 and one on a gigabyte X58A-ud3 Usually you just pop them out and stick the new one in.
2> Do as j_e_d_70 suggested and buy/borrow one just long enough to do the bios flash.
3> Take it to a shop where they should be able to do that for you.

OR

This guy simply bought a new mobo with a z77 chipset and sold the other one off ebay
http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/311438-30-gigabyte-z68ma-3570k-issue

Since you are having problems flashing the BIOS F10 of you motherboard, you might want to use the option 1>

But before buying, I would like to know if you can double check just to make sure of the version of the F10 BIOS you where trying to flash. You could or may have mixed up with another motherboard BIOS.

Let me know if it helped you!

Milhouse

I didn't look it up, but I'd be surprised if it was a CPU BIOS conflict.
Try unplugging the power cord and pressing the power button for 7 seconds, then plug it back in.
If that doesn't work then...

Unplug absolutely every little piece, start over and put it back together again.

Make sure everything is in the right place, take your time.

Make sure the RAM is fully seated, case cables too, etc.

It has happened enough times to me and taking everything apart and starting from scratch with an empty case has saved me buying a whole new system more than once.

Course, you might have a bad component and in that case I'd suspect PSU>RAM>Mobo=CPU

Course, you might have a bad component and in that case I'd suspect PSU>RAM>Mobo=CPU

I dont think so because I have the same motherboard and same cpu and I also get the boot loop. I am getting an i5-2500k tonight! I will flash my motherboard to the F10 BIOS and try to put back the Ivy Bridge i7-3770k CPU and see what happends!

It is clearly written that the F10 BIOS supports the Ivy Bridge. So maybe the Ivy Bridge CPU aint supported in the Hybrid EFI BIOS either. I also note that its not a UEFI BIOS, but a Hybrid EFI BIOS.

Well, after all I went for the simplest solution...I've exchange with a friend his 2660k to my 3770k and got 50 bucks...I'm ok with this cpu and my friend to...so everybody is happy...I have to finish this build for my kids so have not so much time...in addition I dont live in US so everything takes weeks here.
But I've tried my 3770k with BIOS F9/F10 and UEFI...and only got reboot loops...Only could load UEFI from the backpannel USB and changing a RAM stick
In the future I will go for a z77 or better (who knows...) with a new IB...I had bad luck..Anyway the 2600k is not a bad cpu, I've got 13k with Gbench without OC.
I just want to thank you for all the given help...

2600 is a great cpu.
glad there was a solution

I dont think so because I have the same motherboard and same cpu and I also get the boot loop. I am getting an i5-2500k tonight! I will flash my motherboard to the F10 BIOS and try to put back the Ivy Bridge i7-3770k CPU and see what happends!

It is clearly written that the F10 BIOS supports the Ivy Bridge. So maybe the Ivy Bridge CPU aint supported in the Hybrid EFI BIOS either. I also note that its not a UEFI BIOS, but a Hybrid EFI BIOS.
i have tried a sandy bridge cpu tonight and looks like i have a faulty motherboard...

dont close the topic yet because i might need help! :)

Well

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back