Motherboard
GA-Z77X-UDH5
CPU
i7 3770k
Graphics
GTX650 TI
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi all, after several tests I cannot make my new system turn on...I´ve checked with a friend motherboard (intel DZ68DB 0043 BIOS) that my i7 3770k is ok and properly recognized...I also know that my motherboard boots ok with my friend's i7 2600k rev 1.3 and factory BIOS F9, so I've updated to F10 using @BIOS (now I know that @BIOS has issues)...So Ive try to reflash using Q-Flash and from DOS too, same results: the SB boots ok and my Ivy bridge doesnt and now the BIOS is F10 as I read on setup...Also tried to load UEFI beta bios and nothing...got the message:
Fixture is not removed or switch is not set to "on" (I dont know what this message means!!!)
Press any key to exit...
and nothing...no key accepted nor BIOS update that remains F10
Is there any step I forgot? I know that there are a few who use this motherboard with IB cpu, that maybe could help me to solve this....
BIGGGG tks!!!

Hi all, after several tests I cannot make my new system turn on...I´ve checked with a friend motherboard (intel DZ68DB 0043 BIOS) that my i7 3770k is ok and properly recognized...I also know that my motherboard boots ok with my friend's i7 2600k rev 1.3 and factory BIOS F9, so I've updated to F10 using @BIOS (now I know that @BIOS has issues)...So Ive try to reflash using Q-Flash and from DOS too, same results: the SB boots ok and my Ivy bridge doesnt and now the BIOS is F10 as I read on setup...Also tried to load UEFI beta bios and nothing...got the message:
Fixture is not removed or switch is not set to "on" (I dont know what this message means!!!)
Press any key to exit...
and nothing...no key accepted nor BIOS update that remains F10
Is there any step I forgot? I know that there are a few who use this motherboard with IB cpu, that maybe could help me to solve this....
BIGGGG tks!!!

Is there a jumper on you motherboard that would prevent the flashing of the bios? Or an internal feature? I remember to have read that there is a flasher tool in the uefi package to help you!

I am really intrested to know if this is a faulty motherboard, or simply an imcompatibility as I would like to buy this ==> http://www.tonymacx86.com/buying-advice/64123-good-mobo-cpu-combo-i7-3770k-ga-z68ma-d2h-b3.html

I think you simply need a uefi bios. Check this topic out ==> http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-...-uefi-bios-all-working-dsdt-not-required.html

I think I just found the info you needed here ==> http://forums.anandtech.com/showthread.php?p=33772256

Try using a bootable (to a Windows 98 DOS prompt) USB drive.
Add the DOS version bios flasher from Gigabyte: "FlashEFI.exe".*
Then: configure the autoexec.bat file to flash the bios when the machine is booted from the USB drive.

My fixed ivy bridge z68 problem

Hey I had a similar problem with my z68mx ud2h b3 motherboard. I had forgotten two parts

1 make sure you have 8 pin processor connector from the PSU instsalled

2 the only bios version that supported ivy bridge for my board was F13

Hope this helps

Hey I had a similar problem with my z68mx ud2h b3 motherboard. I had forgotten two parts

1 make sure you have 8 pin processor connector from the PSU instsalled

2 the only bios version that supported ivy bridge for my board was F13

Hope this helps

1...I have only a 4 pin socket on the z68ma, on the z68mx there is a 8pin socket...so I put the 4 pin connector from CPU, there is another 8 pin connector from psu.
2...Only bios that supported IB is F10 in my case, and I've reflashed several times to F10...no results,
3...With uefi bios no luck at all using the flashefi.exe, got the message: fixture is not removed or switch is not set to "on" Press any key to exit

1...I have only a 4 pin socket on the z68ma, on the z68mx there is a 8pin socket...so I put the 4 pin connector from CPU, there is another 8 pin connector from psu.
2...Only bios that supported IB is F10 in my case, and I've reflashed several times to F10...no results,
3...With uefi bios no luck at all using the flashefi.exe, got the message: fixture is not removed or switch is not set to "on" Press any key to exit

HP USB Disk Storage Format Tool <--- You need it to flash the UEFI Bios.

To minimise the possible problems :

I have also read not to use the usb3.0 ports to flash. To try a 2.0gig stick or less if possible. Thumb stick needs to be formated in fat 32. Also I have read that some people in this forum where able to flash only with a sandy bridge cpu. I am not sure if this could help...

Make sure you reset your bios to default settings before flashing.

Some guy reported :
I have successfully flashed the UEFI BIOS on my GA-Z68MA-D2H-B3 v1.3 board. I had to use a DOS boot image from Windows 98's DOS mode (Google for the boot image) and HP's USB formatter in order to create the USB boot drive.

Some other guy reported :
I have a z77x-ud3h, I tried to use q-flash too and it didn't work. I think it's my particular flash drive. I couldn't save BIOS profiles to it either, but my other one worked just fine. So my advice is to try a different flash drive.

But check out the info down here:

--

LAST POST : Ever mixed thoses?
http://forums.tweaktown.com/gigabyte/28441-gigabyte-latest-beta-bios-600.html

sin0822
Re: GIGABYTE Latest Beta BIOS
PLEASE WATCH OUT WHEN FLASHING TO the AMI BIOSes for Z68!!! The BIOSes posted are more like alpha BIOS, and for flashing from AWARD to AMI requires a different tool than flashing from AMI to AWARD.

--

Some error made by a user that had the same problem...

http://forums.tweaktown.com/gigabyte/28441-gigabyte-latest-beta-bios-601-print.html

=

Ah I see my mistake now!, thanks! I never specified the file name, just /? to view any param's but since it just started eraring, writing, verifying, I presumed it was just doing it's stuff. As usual, presupmtion is the mother of f.up's. ;)

Tnx will retry and report back.

=

Darkje
Okay, so I flashed specifying the filename and it worked, this time the erase, write, verify cycle repeated twice and got a different finishing message too/

so eufi is sortof working now...

I see why this is alpha too, some stuff is not working, but it's looking okay.
on my sandy can't seem to find any vcore setting, and setting all turbo's to 45x also did not work.
I did see a lot more options in many sections, so possibly I overlooked something.

all in all it's good for alpha, I guess.

=================================

Make sure you dont have theses installed :

http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=3975#bios ==> link is for rev1.3. be careful!

(Note) Some GIGABYTE utilities are not supported under UEFI BIOS architecture. Please remove Smart6, Dynamic Energy Saver, Smart TPM, and Touch BIOS utilities before updating the BIOS.

=================================

Tell me if anything works for you!

Thank you Milhouse, I will try to reflash using backpanel usb 2 port, in addition I have a bad RAM reported as 4080 instead 4096 and I hope to have the replacement by monday, maybe IB cpu doesnt like bad ram modules ;)

Sounds to my like a simple shared memory problem with the IGP (wich is not a problem).

But if your memory stick is not recognised properly, why dont you remove this particular stick and try to see what happends when you try to flash?

Also, if you think a memory stick if faulty, maybe you should also run a memory test and see what happends!

Hi,you can create an usbflash with unetbootin, choosing freedos.After created the usbflash open it with finder and copy FLASHEFI.EXE AND Z8MAD2H3.U1B to root .
Boot the usbflash choosing safe option,now you see A: type C: and finally type FLASHEFI.EXE Z8MAD2H3U1B hit enter and wait,after reboot you will have uefi bios.
good luck

PS:Sorry for the bad English

Well, after a few test I could load uefi to my motherboard, I've used one of the red usb2.0 ports on the backpanel, also changed the memory stick but seems to be the same...maybe something is no properly detected by my z68ma...Now I'm trying to boot from SSD/HDD but this is for another thread...BIG TKS to all for helping...
BTW I will test my 3770k soon...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back