CPU
i7-3520M
Graphics
HD 4000
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Can anyone offer hope?

GA-h77n-wifi w/two Realtech GBe LAN ports, Netgear N router, 10.9.4, windows7

Always worked well until that fateful night... An electrical storm tripped the surge protector on the router. It clicked and then came back online. I shut down everything and restarted. Now, now ethernet is not working. Other wired devices (printer and phone service) are working. I used a port and cable from a working device...nothing. I have an AirLink wireless usb dongle that works.

In MB bios—I can enable or disable both ports
in windows7—No LAN either but device manager says it's ok
In both OSs, I don't get an Ethernet choice when trying to ad a network device.

I'm thinking about clearing CMOS, Disabling then re-enabling device in W7. Don't know what else to try. Is there an internal address I can ping or something? I'm hoping some sort of registry or plist got scrambled.

I'd consider contacting the motherboard manufacturer for any further hardware support if you don't get it sorted out. It doesn't sound like an issue related to software i.e., operating systems.

Can anyone offer hope?

GA-h77n-wifi w/two Realtech GBe LAN ports, Netgear N router, 10.9.4, windows7

Always worked well until that fateful night... An electrical storm tripped the surge protector on the router. It clicked and then came back online. I shut down everything and restarted. Now, now ethernet is not working. Other wired devices (printer and phone service) are working. I used a port and cable from a working device...nothing. I have an AirLink wireless usb dongle that works.

In MB bios—I can enable or disable both ports
in windows7—No LAN either but device manager says it's ok
In both OSs, I don't get an Ethernet choice when trying to ad a network device.

I'm thinking about clearing CMOS, Disabling then re-enabling device in W7. Don't know what else to try. Is there an internal address I can ping or something? I'm hoping some sort of registry or plist got scrambled.

I did exactly the same thing on an older gigabyte board once. The way I was able to confirm it is in the bios, press the F9 key, which brought up a bios summary display screen that showed the CPU, ram, ethernet etc. The ethernet port had no mac address or any other details shown against it, compared with a working board where all the detail was there.

That board was older than yours but might be worth a shot.

Thanks guys.
I put in a ticket at Gigabyte. Meanwhile I'm going to try the f9 thing when I get home. I'll let you know how it looks.

Edit: tried the F9 at boot and both LANs say no Mac Address. :(

now to find a wireless card that will give me all of the 50 download I get from comcast. My air link dongle only delivers 20 down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back