Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
X58A-UD3R
CPU
i7-950 3.06Ghz
Graphics
Gigabyte GTX 1050ti OC
Hi guys, Iv been trying to get my El Capitan install to boot from the HDD, however every time the USB stops working and can't get past my Mac login screen.

USB ports work fine when I boot the same install from the USB loader.

I even copied my Exact UFI folder from the USB drive and copied to over to the HDD's one and it is still doing the same thing!
Why would the exact same UFI partition boot differently off the main drive?

Please post up a -v boot output when attempting to boot from your hard drive.

Where am i able to find the log of this? My computer is not going into kernal panic or shutting down. USB simply stops working so cannot type my password to get into the login so i have to restard and boot again from my USB loader instead. Is there a way to get previous -v boot logs?

Nevermind, i reinstalled using multibeast, selected legacy bootloader, ALC889, FakeSMS, VooDoo 4core, RealTekRLT8111 v2.0, Inject ATI

3 weeks later, everything seems to be booting up fine now from the HDD!! :) yay

Now the only thing that is not working is Audio, no onboard audio or HDMI audio from my graphics card. I can deal without the HDMI audio for now, but desperately need onboard audio working. Does anyone know how to get that fixed for my MOBO?

Sean

WTF! I just unplugged the USB drive, booted from Main HDD, boots up, USB stops working and cannot get past login screen. I then plugged the USB drive back in, still booted from the Main HDD, boots up, everything is fine. It seems to mess up when i have the usb stick unplugged even though im booting from the main drive anyway. This is killing me :(

It isn't shutting down or freezing, USB just stops working so my mouse and keyboard then wont work to allow me to get past the login. So i cant show you a -v error or anything.

Has no one ever experienced this problem before?

El Capitan 10.11.3

El Capitan 10.11.3

You may want to have a good read here. I don't have your motherboard, but from what you have described, it sounds much like what is described in the thread.

The very first post describes in some detail what happened and why, and also offers a solution.

If it is not the cause of your issues, then at least it will be something you can rule out in any case.

:thumbup:

Thanks mate, i will run through the guide and post back here. It's just weird that i don't get the USB issue when booting from my USB boot loader. Ill try these fixes anyways :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back