Radeon 7950
Mac
  1. MacBook
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hello everyone,

I'm planning a Haswell build, and yesterday I've found a motherboard that looks like a great deal(at least in price), but I want an opinion about it. It's an Intel BOXDH87RL ( http://ark.intel.com/products/69044/Intel-Desktop-Board-DH87RL ).

But after looking through many builds and HCL lists I have't found many people using Intel motherboards. The question is, it's just that incompatible or the performance/quality just sucks?

Thanks.

"I have't found many people using Intel motherboards"

Intel 8 series are too new to have been used in a CustoMac build. Check back in a week when Tony has
posted the June Buyer's guide. There will be many affordable socket 1150 Gigabyte boards to choose
from. Then pair it with a compatible Haswell Intel CPU. It may take until July, depending on how busy
people are in testing new hardware. I know, the wait is the hardest part. :problem:

Thanks, but I'm not talking about just series 8, but in general, even "older" chipsets, most builds are made using Asus or Gigabyte, and, for now at least, this Intel mother board it's the most affordable and cheaper.

Thanks, but I'm not talking about just series 8, but in general, even "older" chipsets, most builds are made using Asus or Gigabyte, and, for now at least, this Intel mother board it's the most affordable and cheaper.

There are quite a few threads regarding the Intel Nuc which is a mini pc with an Intel Motherboard. Take a look at those
to see what it takes to get one to work with OS X.

All Intel boards are quite exceptional,of very high quality, and rock solid boards. I really do not understand, why so much Gigabyte boards are used here... . ASUS or Gigabyte for me are of quite inferior quality.
Myself, i have DP43TF board, 4yr old. This board works with Lion admirably 2 yr from now. No DSDT... pure vanilla.

In short: they "all" have issues.

Hi Redvulps!

Did you manage to have your DH87RL work with 10.8.5 and the latest Unibeast 2.1?
After I select USB on Chimera boot, the Apple logo shows up 1 sec and then system reboots.
I removed my GTX660ti and started with the HD4600 (tried both 64 and 128 Mo), AHCI on, all possible combinations (-x -GraphicsEnabler=No PCIRootUID=0/1 npci=0x2000/3000) and no luck.
If you worked it out, please help!
I really appreciate. Thank you.

Seb

I am having no luck installing mountain lion with the DH87RL and HD 4600 graphics. :banghead: I see that sebiax and I had similar builds and tried all the same boot flag combos. I have updated my UniBeast and Chimera to the latest versions. Do you think we have to wait until mavericks fir this motherboard to work?

Good evening everyone.

I would really like to know if anyone has had success with the DH87RL Board ?

Cant get it working for the love of me.

Regards to all.
Albertus.

Hi Abertus
I still haven't been able to get it to work. I updated my bios to the 322 version and tried several boot flags combos. No luck. I ended up getting a gigabyte z87mx-d3h and was able to install Mavericks without any problems and surprisingly I found the quality of the gigabyte board to be better than the intel board. Unfortunately I don't think this board is going to work with osx. I did however install ubuntu 13.10 in about 10 minutes with no problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back