Contribute
Register

PJalm Repo and Thread ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can understand that RL can take you time !
But having his work avalaible would be a nice heritage to the community and will be greatly appreciated.
Other nice poeple would be able to help us to get more power from our Board.
But as he was the only doing such a hard work he will be greatly missed and we won't such nice DSDT for our board

When the gigabyte bioses that are in beta for most boards come out of beta, it'll get interesting. As I recall being said, those required modifications to DSDT to not be broken. in the offshoot that came out soonish, advisement that people steer clear of them if planning to use the current DSDTs. Or go without. I'm not sure the benefit of the upcoming firmware updates are for anyways. all they pretty much list is "improved system compat" on pretty much every board. Seems some changes they are universally making/testing with most of their boards.

New Beta Bios from Gigabyte for Z87x-oc for instance are changing almost everything, new entries in DSDT, new things.
I have tried to contact PJALM about it

Why using this new Bios ?
I can tell you since I have installed this new BETA BIOS F7g on my Z87x I have a 24h/24 7day rock solid configuration, no more panic, no more freeze even with this damn GTX 560ti. Everything work
But I had to make some correction on PJALM Patch... I have contacted him about that, I've never got any answer and then he disappeared without any words...

I can share my DSDT for every people on a Z87x-OC BIOS F7g if you want. but for sure it would have been nice to leave his repo up as a gesture for his fans...

I'm waiting for it to leave beta before using it, plus give the more experienced DSDT editors time to make good DSDT for it. I do have an OC force board so i could probably use your DSDT since OC and OC force had identical DSDTs in PJALMs repo. Although My DSDT also has toleda audio injection and intel 4600 and nvidia graphics patches too from his 4600 repo.

I pretty much run

1. Pjalms OC force patch
2. From toleda's 4600 repo. Clean compile
3. nvidia graphics patches
4. From HD audio injection repo
5. clean compile
6. sound input 1, then 2, then 3.

pretty much it right there.

I had a lot of kernel panics with my memory on my board at 2133mhz (XMP profile1) and had to clock it down to 1866 to stabilize. then had to also raise system agent and IO voltages too and insert custom timings to get memory to even pass memory tests. MANY hours of work there. I eventually did get it stable, however now i think the 780 is reacting badly to the altered voltages of IO and having IO channel timeouts, lol. I turned voltages back down and gpu seems stabalized again but I own't be half surprised if memory acts up again. doh..so yes, i'd be curious if the new bios makes this memory behave better. for all intensive purposes I don't think memory is defective or bad, just incompatible with bios/board. I was a noob and didn't buy memory off compatibility sheet. I thought a good brand was enough (corsair)

Speaking authoritatively, PJ is on sabbatical at the moment, of his own decision. Neither I nor anyone else at TMX were involved, and the decision to return remains his own. In the meantime we will investigate the possibility of restoring the repositories, but even if they return, they will be frozen as-is. Idle speculation doesn't do anyone any good.

so there's some bad blood between devs? thats not a first. im sorry to hear that.

im some hackintosh n00b so you can disregard me (im a debian/kali fan and MCSE 2003, 2008, 2012 - not to start a flavor war -i havent used macosx since g5 powermac and mac/darwin ports. I thought it was great when mac became BSD based) I admit I haven't done any research on this mobo - I didn't even know which socket. have been extremely busy and relying on you guys (thank you).

i am looking to build a hackintosh for my wife who is macosx fan and was waiting for this TB2.0 board or a tb2.0 board equivalent and this is the first time i've seen any of its kind be even brought up on the hackintosh forms.

on that note- is there efforts still on going to get this mobo to worrk? sounds like operations have ceased. or we waiting for the next tb2.0 mobo to hit the market and test all over? is this issue how tb2 works all together ? so the same problem will arise with any tb2.0 mobos since the architecture is changed significantly from tb1.0 and will require much more time to equate and reverse engineer how tb2.0 works? apple must've done it and I have full faith in you hardware hacking gurus . i'm wanting to wait and see where the tb2.0 board dev efforts move fwd, wife is anxious and i admit i want to build her a rig asap to play games together again online. but its worth the wait.

btw theres a sort of dead #hackintosh channel on freenode i think tony should msg the ircops there and take over and bring some life into it since you guys are the primary efforts who drive this passion. i think its great that your community has been around for so long now and continue to drive successful results. dont let debugging drivers drive away good dedicated and loyal members. PJALM hope you come back.

the repositories should be back for the time being.

Phenomenal. thank you and especially PJalm so much. Its crazy how much you miss something you take for granted once it is gone.

And, i really hope PJ finds his way back to the community in full. He was so helpful and the potential of the work he was doing was so inspiring.

g\

SJ,

I just want to thank you. Not only for MaciASL, but for working with PJ to make the repo available again. This has led me to wonder what might happen in the event I need to recreate my DSDT using PJ's patch and find that the repo is down once again.

Say I want to save a few of these patches for the motherboards I have. Just in case I need them at a later time and the repo is down. Do I just SELECT ALL>COPY and paste into a plain text document?

I tried this and it appears to work, but with my lack of expertise in this area, I just want to make sure there is no formatting problem that could arise.

It's typical to drag selected text to the Desktop as a text clipping, which preserves encoding and line endings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back