Contribute
Register

Pink screen, then black, upon booting Unibeast prepared USB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could be also chip (CPU) issue? Memory issue? Could be bad creation of Unibeast image?

A new update. I retried again. This time with verbose mode and the installation is finished. Continueing from step 13 now. Keeping you updated.

I'm working my way through the installer now, but I want to follow your custom instructions. It's the first time running through the installer so I should select

1. DSDT -> 4230s-4530s HD3000 1080p -> BIOS Revision F20 (since I updated my BIOS to F29)
  2. SSDT -> i5 Processors -> i5-2450M
  3. System Definitions -> MacBookPro8,3 (since im selecting a 1080p for this one)

I'm pretty sure 1 and 2 are right, but im doubting about option 3. Is this correct?

edit: also, after first run should I reboot, or run the installer straight away for the second time?

Finally it's working beautfully! THANKS A LOT GUYS!!!

Ok so I kept it on MacBookPro8,2 since in the end it's a 15". When that was done I copied dsdt.aml to dsdt1080.aml. Then ran through the installer again straight away (without reboot) to select the non-1080 options.

It runs with the Chimera boot loader right now. Resolution seems to be great. Very smooth. But where should I see a second option during boot to try out the dsdt1080.aml?

Finally it's working beautfully! THANKS A LOT GUYS!!!

Ok so I kept it on MacBookPro8,2 since in the end it's a 15". When that was done I copied dsdt.aml to dsdt1080.aml. Then ran through the installer again straight away (without reboot) to select the non-1080 options.

It runs with the Chimera boot loader right now. Resolution seems to be great. Very smooth. But where should I see a second option during boot to try out the dsdt1080.aml?

You don't really need to try out the dsdt1080.aml because the normal one is working. That was a just in case, because both BigDonkey and I really don't understand what was happening with the OS X installer and thought it might carry over to the final install. But sounds like it didn't carry over.

If you needed it, you would have typed it at the Chimera screen much like you did "-v" previously.

But now that you have it working, you can test a little bit and look into the other optional items (such as patching your own DSDT).

Ah now I understand.

I'm happily gonna read your topic about what optional things to do now :) Again so many thanks RehabMan (And BigDonkey too ;))

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back