Graphics
Intel HD Graphics 3000
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I get a quick pink screen, followed by a black screen and it stays there. It's just after step 7. I recorded it.

[video=youtube;zSmf7IZv2FI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSmf7IZv2FI[/video]

Guide to Installing Mountain Lion on HP Probook

I get a quick pink screen, followed by a black screen and it stays there. It's just after step 7. I recorded it.

More information about your hardware would be necessary to make a better guess...

Do you have switchable graphics and haven't disabled the AMD side (step 5)?
Did you try reset BIOS to defaults (then disable switching graphics) (step 5)?
Or maybe 1080p upgrade (this laptop seems used based on the other posts about the BIOS)(step 4a)?
This is App Store ML?
External devices disconnected?

FYI.

I moved your message to a separate thread (second paragraph in the sticky guide).

Alright. Thanks.

No switchable graphics. Just the 3000.
Im affraid it will reset the one setting that allows me to see my HDD in the caddy. But since I now know how to change that, i'll try it anyway. Have to add I didn't change a single thing in the BIOS, and thought it wasn't necessary at first.
This is indeed the laptop I posted about earlier. But it's the default screen.
It's the ML from the apple store.
No external devices connected besides power supply and the bootable USB stick.

Ill try a BIOS reset first.

Nothing changed, except it skips the pink part.

I might add I didn't had a proper 8GB+ memory stick, so I used a microSD USB stick with a 16GB microSD card in it. And I'm not sure if this should ring any bells, but Unibeast start-up screen looks like this to me.

QGXff.jpg

Nothing changed, except it skips the pink part.

I might add I didn't had a proper 8GB+ memory stick, so I used a microSD USB stick with a 16GB microSD card in it. And I'm not sure if this should ring any bells, but Unibeast start-up screen looks like this to me.

View attachment 40145

I've never tried OS X install from SD card, so can't say much about that. Trying a USB stick might be worth a try though...

Unibeast start-up screen looks pretty normal (one of these days I'll figure out why things get strangely overlapped like that)...

i installed it via sd card,so thats not the problem :D

Boot it with -v for more information. Also be sure you created the Unibeast "card" correctly (ie. laptop support). You could also try putting a DSDT on the card just to see what happens.

Boot it with -v for more information. Also be sure you created the Unibeast "card" correctly (ie. laptop support). You could also try putting a DSDT on the card just to see what happens.

Laptop support was selected during that process. I ran it in verbose mode and this is what happens right before the pink/black screen:

jHWDl.jpg

I truely have no idea what's going on here. Ethernet port problem? Partition problems? I uploaded a video for comfort :p

[video=youtube;INiz4umuQ2o]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=INiz4umuQ2o[/video]

I don't know what DSDT is or how to apply it to my card.

For DSDT, see step 4a in the guide. For certain laptops and laptops that have upgraded 1080p screen, you have to do that extra step. I don't think you have a 1080p screen (you haven't mentioned that), and I can't tell from the video, but...

And/or, you could try removing AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext from the installer card.

Code:
# from working mac/hack in terminal
# save backup first...
cp -r /Volumes/Installer/System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext ~/Desktop
# then remove it from the SD card
sudo rm -rf /Volumes/Installer/System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back