PCH Configuraton IOAPIC 24-119 Entries Enable
Onboard Devices Configuration Serial Port Configuration Serial Port Off
USB Configuration USB Mouse and Keyboard Simulator - Disabled
Boot
Fast Boot Diasble
CSM Compatibility Support Module Launch CSM Enable
Boot Device Control UEFI and Legacy OPROM
Boot from Storage Devices UEFI
Secure boot state disabled Go to Key Management and change PK Management values to 0
OS Type=Other OS

Install virtualsmc.efi to drivers uefi. uncheck any graphics injection, not needed for radeon card.

Thanks for the response! They're all set, except:

- CPU has no hyper threading
- Cannot define primary display, although the RX 570 is in the first slot

Didn't have virtualsmc.efi in the drivers folder, but still stuck on the same line with that in place and BIOS settings set correctly.

Tried FakeSMC for a laugh (kext + driver) and then it kind of crashes on not finding the root device. So progress there, but no luck with VirtualSMC unfortunately.

Going to try and remove "inject ATI". Other suggestions welcome! Not sure what I'm missing here.

Asus boards allow you to screenshot your BIOS configs post them here.
*EDIT*
Update your BIOS and reset CMOS. Start again from scratch, there are some good guides for your mainboard with working efi setups you can download and use.

Last edited:
Ok I see what the problem is - Replace the Entire EFI Folder with this one and you should be good to go.

It worked out very well for me too, thank you very much, I was stuck for days

Asus boards allow you to screenshot your BIOS configs post them here.
*EDIT*
Update your BIOS and reset CMOS. Start again from scratch, there are some good guides for your mainboard with working efi setups you can download and use.
Hey, thanks for helping out. Was pretty sure my BIOS was set correctly though. Had reset BIOS and CMOS a few times, tried dozen of settings, updated it to the latest version, etc etc. All stuck on that line.

Tried the (apparently easier) OpenCore setup and installation; worked on the first try :) Currently doing some post-installation stuff. Happy camper here. Thanks all!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back