Contribute
Register

Patching your DSDT ProBook 4x30s using MaciASL

Status
Not open for further replies.
So thanks again all who developed the tools and shared their learnings - I now have a custom patched DSDT rather than the vanilla and touch wood it seems stable.

Shutdown is much faster but boot-up (I think) is still fairly slow (Win 7 64bit is faster). Any ideas?

HDD or SSD? What is your partition layout? I wouldn't worry about slight differences. They are two very different systems after all...

Which also leads onto my next question how do I find out about updates to the repo etc which you bright sparks come up with? Do I just subscribe to this thread?

I don't see a lot of updates to the 4530s DSDT patches, but it is on github, and I believe there are ways to subscribe on github to changes in a repo.

HDD or SSD? What is your partition layout? I wouldn't worry about slight differences. They are two very different systems after all...

I don't see a lot of updates to the 4530s DSDT patches, but it is on github, and I believe there are ways to subscribe on github to changes in a repo.

I've got I3-2310 CPU with 4GB RAM, 500GB SATA HDD (Hitachi HTS7255OA) with 3 partitions: 250GB Win7-64, 50GB Transfer exFAT and 200 GB MLion 10.8.2. Boot time is around 25secs.

I've got I3-2310 CPU with 4GB RAM, 500GB SATA HDD (Hitachi HTS7255OA) with 3 partitions: 250GB Win7-64, 50GB Transfer exFAT and 200 GB MLion 10.8.2. Boot time is around 25secs.

That's pretty reasonable boot time for HDD. Keep in mind that hard drive access is slower for your 200GB ML partition than the 250GB Win7 partition. Partitions at the end of the partition map are always slower than partitions at the beginning because of the slower rotational velocity of cylinders near the inside of the platter(s) vs. the outside edge.

Hi, I have an EliteBook 8770W C6Y85UT#ABA and was wondering if you could help me get even the base extracted DSDT to compile.
Some things seem similar to the ProBook but the only attempt I've made that successfully ended up with a DSDT.aml that compiled causes freezing during heavy disk activity.

Need a DSDT to: attempt to get wifi working (AR9380 replacement card installed), get FN keys working, get backlight control working, possibly get battery indicators working, get sound working among other things.

Here is a link to my unedited DSDT.dat (extracted with acpitool in linux)

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/6400726/EliteBook8770wDSDT.dat

It will not compile for whatever reason and has a ton of errors. (Strange, seeing as it's the stock table!)

Thanks for your time!

(For what it's worth, I am using a properly generated SSDT.aml already)

Hi, I have an EliteBook 8770W C6Y85UT#ABA and was wondering if you could help me get even the base extracted DSDT to compile.
Some things seem similar to the ProBook but the only attempt I've made that successfully ended up with a DSDT.aml that compiled causes freezing during heavy disk activity.

Need a DSDT to: attempt to get wifi working (AR9380 replacement card installed), get FN keys working, get backlight control working, possibly get battery indicators working, get sound working among other things.

Here is a link to my unedited DSDT.dat (extracted with acpitool in linux)

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/6400726/EliteBook8770wDSDT.dat

It will not compile for whatever reason and has a ton of errors. (Strange, seeing as it's the stock table!)

Thanks for your time!

(For what it's worth, I am using a properly generated SSDT.aml already)

I've attached a dsl that now compiles without errors. If you search for //// you will see the changes I made...

Attachments

• EliteBook8770wDSDT.dsl.zip
    77.3 KB · Views: 93
I've attached a dsl that now compiles without errors. If you search for //// you will see the changes I made...

Thanks!
I'm getting an error though on line 2536 trying to compile it as it is.
Error is: 2536: Min/Max/Length/Gran are all zero, but no resource tag.

Is it safe to just delete this DWordMemory section, or is there another way to rectify this?
(I have the latest version of iasl that's available, for what it's worth.)

Thanks!
I'm getting an error though on line 2536 trying to compile it as it is.
Error is: 2536: Min/Max/Length/Gran are all zero, but no resource tag.

Is it safe to just delete this DWordMemory section, or is there another way to rectify this?
(I have the latest version of iasl that's available, for what it's worth.)

You could change the length to 1, but it is easier to just change your compiler to ACPI 4.0.
It is a bit more lenient and all you need for OS X is 4.0 compliance.

You could change the length to 1, but it is easier to just change your compiler to ACPI 4.0.
It is a bit more lenient and all you need for OS X is 4.0 compliance.

What do you mean by change your compiler to ACPI 4.0?
Find an older version of iasl? Have any links handy?
Thanks much.

What do you mean by change your compiler to ACPI 4.0?
Find an older version of iasl? Have any links handy?
Thanks much.

It is an option in MaciASL Preferences.

Again only .ds_store in the github? If I click on Patch it doesn't do anything. Only loaded the dsdt which I extracted from ubuntu.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back