Contribute
Register

pastrychef's testing machine - HP Elite 8300 SFF - i7-3770 - GT 630

Status
Not open for further replies.
I launched Clover Configurator and it detected that 3763 was available and that's the version I upgraded to. It was an extremely smooth upgrade. Easier than on my Gene system.

Good to hear. IIRC from yesterday, that's the working version.

Did you select the boot option "Nvidia webdrivers" ?

Yes, that was enabled by default and I didn't touch any of the check boxes that were already checked.

I've got a 8300 SFF and I'm using the integrated HD 4000, which appears to work out of the box with 10.12. One of the several issues that I've noticed is that when the machine wakes from sleep, the monitor does not wake up. Could this be because I'm using the VGA port (don't have and don't want to get a DisplayPort adapter)? Is there some sort of workaround/hack to make it work?

I've got a 8300 SFF and I'm using the integrated HD 4000, which appears to work out of the box with 10.12. One of the several issues that I've noticed is that when the machine wakes from sleep, the monitor does not wake up. Could this be because I'm using the VGA port (don't have and don't want to get a DisplayPort adapter)? Is there some sort of workaround/hack to make it work?

I just tried booting up with my monitor connected to HD 4000 and it wouldn't boot. In fact, my system can't completely finish booting in to macOS with the HD 4000 enabled in bios. macOS loads partially and the system resets. I had to disable it from bios before it would finish booting.

If time permits, I'll try doing a clean install using just the HD 4000 and see how it goes...

The other major issue is that I have no onboard audio. I followed the steps to install the kext and clear the cache but there still isn't audio. Still new to this sort of thing.

With 10.11, the graphics did not work very well. In 10.12 acceleration appears to work right away with a translucent dock and menu bar, something that never happened in 10.11. It also claims Metal is supported, but is there a way to test that?

Last edited:
I haven't tried enabling the onboard audio. I just use HDMI audio and it survived through the El Capitan to Sierra update.

Try using the app from netkas.org » Metal supported GPU to test Metal support.

I found a program called Metaltest which does the same thing. It says it is supported.

Finally got audio to work using the latest VoodooHDA kext from SourceForge. It seems rather quiet though, but maybe it is just the speaker (using the built-in one). Also installed the prefpane and raised some settings so the audio sounds a little louder. I think that takes care of the audio.

UPDATE: With the regards to the issue of the monitor not waking up, I connected via VNC to the machine with vPro so I could see the display (no keyboard or mouse support for whatever reason). I put the machine to sleep and woke it up and could still see the display through VNC but the monitor remained off. So the issue is that the display is not being woken up for whatever reason.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-09-25 at 2.51.02 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-09-25 at 2.51.02 PM.png
    60.3 KB · Views: 181
Last edited:

I did a little testing. As far as I can tell, the HD 4000 iGPU is deactivated when a PCI-e video card is detected. I was unable to keep it activated even with a video card present because it's greyed out in bios when a video card is present. Once I pulled my video card, the system boot right up.

I tested sleep with a monitor connected via the DisplayPort. It had no problems waking with a click of my mouse. I can only assume that your wake issue is due to the use of the VGA port.

I did a little testing. As far as I can tell, the HD 4000 iGPU is deactivated when a PCI-e video card is detected. I was unable to keep it activated even with a video card present because it's greyed out in bios when a video card is present. Once I pulled my video card, the system boot right up.

I tested sleep with a monitor connected via the DisplayPort. It had no problems waking with a click of my mouse. I can only assume that your wake issue is due to the use of the VGA port.
Well I decided to go for it and bought a DisplayPort to DVI-I adapter on eBay. I should get it by Monday so hopefully that should do the job. I'll update here when I get it.

For a while I was using both the HD 2500 and the dedicated GT 730 in my 6300 SFF without any issues under Windows 10.

UPDATE: Changed the keyboard and mouse to PS/2 and got those working using the VoodooPS2 kexts. The keyboard and mouse still do not work when using vPro KVM but I'll keep looking.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back