Contribute
Register

pastrychef's build - Asus Maximus VIII Gene - i7-7700K - GTX 1080

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, just clicking delete works.

Hi pastrychef,
thank you so much for your help. Will try it out. You´re right... the SiLabsUSBDriver64.kext looks odd. I think the Wacom installer put it into my system (not 100% sure). I googled it and nothing familiar pops up, so I assume it´s the Tablet.
I'm running a wacom intuos pro and I do have "wacom tablet.kext" but nothing else related to the tablet

Last edited:
So Patrychef: I have been running my system using your modified p.list. And I'm still far from sleep, but i should tell that it fixed a random shutdown issue I had before. So far I have reverted to the "recommended" BIOS settings (no OC) , just basic kexts from Multibeast, I have been fidling with pmset and darkwake values. I also made the test of turning off usb ports in BIOS and noting changed for me. I'm thinking on going thru the clean install way (again) and re-start from there. Won't be able to do this untill next week, but it be reporting back if I find something meanwhile.

So Patrychef: I have been running my system using your modified p.list. And I'm still far from sleep, but i should tell that it fixed a random shutdown issue I had before. So far I have reverted to the "recommended" BIOS settings (no OC) , just basic kexts from Multibeast, I have been fidling with pmset and darkwake values. I also made the test of turning off usb ports in BIOS and noting changed for me. I'm thinking on going thru the clean install way (again) and re-start from there. Won't be able to do this untill next week, but it be reporting back if I find something meanwhile.
Thx for sharing your results. Maybe we should think about the custom USB port configuration a little bit more. I have the feeling, our problem is lying there. Question: Why do some users report, their kexts are in the ../10.10 or ../10.11 or ../other folder, when on my system, all the kexts are sitting in the S/L/E folder?

Just a note to the above, MultiBeast puts all the kexts, which it installs, in /L/E/.

Just a note to the above, MultiBeast puts all the kexts, which it installs, in /L/E/.
Hi Stork,
thx o lot for your reply. If I remember correctly, in your Asus Hero build tutorial/discription (which I followed), you didn' t mention to move the kexts from /l/e to another folder, didn't you?!? Is this a hackintosh 101 that you assume anyone would do it and therefore not talking about it?
On my end I didn't do it....:eek:

Hi Stork,
thx o lot for your reply. If I remember correctly, in your Asus Hero build tutorial/discription (which I followed), you didn' t mention to move the kexts from /l/e to another folder, didn't you?!? Is this a hackintosh 101 that you assume anyone would do it and therefore not talking about it?
On my end I didn't do it....:eek:
No, I never moved my kexts from /L/E/ because I installed Sierra over El Capitan. I only moved several of them when I tested the Direct Update to OS X El Capitan Using Clover guide, in accordance with the guide, before it was published.

No, I never moved my kexts from /L/E/ because I installed Sierra over El Capitan. I only moved several of them when I tested the Direct Update to OS X El Capitan Using Clover guide, in accordance with the guide, before it was published.
Thx Stork for your answer.
Just to clarify things: Because I run El Captain (fresh install from the start/no update from older OS) and not Sierra, I need to move the kexts from /l/e to ../10.11. You didn't do it, because you're using Sierra.

Thx Stork for your answer.
Just to clarify things: Because I run El Captain (fresh install from the start/no update from older OS) and not Sierra, I need to move the kexts from /l/e to ../10.11. You didn't do it, because you're using Sierra.
I don't understand why you need to move the kexts.

I don't understand why you need to move the kexts.
Legitimate question. I followed your wonderful Hero build for El Captain. Everything works except the Sleep. I don't have wake issues, because I couldn't get my system to sleep in the first place. Now, with the very nice help of pastrychef and Jiojimbo (who has got the same problem), we want to narrow down the issue.

And I was wondering, because many users here in the Forum are talking about their kexts in the ../10.xx folder. It was just a guess of myself... maybe it could help to move the kexts???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back