Contribute
Register

pastrychef's build - Asus Maximus VIII Gene - i7-7700K - GTX 1080

Status
Not open for further replies.
just add my ssdt-usb in efi/clover/acpi/patched plus the usbinjectall.kext

Hi. Where did you get the usbinjectall.kext? Thanks!

Also, I tried your trick to enable iMessage and it didn't help me. :(

MultiBeast has it. You need to use the Drivers > USB Increase Max Port Limit configuration option. Since you used that MB configuration, you should be using it. Check your /Library/Extensions folder. It should be there.

Reference:
MultiBeast Features document, page 6, or at MultiBeast.com.

Ah. Okay. Thanks, Stork! :thumbup:

hi guys.
i've just tried the latest mac os sierra pb4 and it's perfectly working.
some issue with the usb configuration in order to bypass the 15 limit port. (el capitan clover patch doesn't work on sierra, so i had to prepare a customized ssdt following ammulder guide in skyline starter guide).
if you want to save money, please use my ssdt and delete the kexttopatch 15 limit string on your clover config.plist
ssdt works both with el capitan and with sierra. gurus say that the clover patch is not meant to be a long term solution and they suggest the ssdt solution.
just add my ssdt-usb in efi/clover/acpi/patched plus the usbinjectall.kext

let me know, have a nice day

Hi. I was just reading the USB fix. Do you still have the source file of your SSDT-USB.asl? It would be helpful to know which HSxx and SSxx correspond to which ports so that we can disable some USB ports to keep the limit at 15 or less.

Ideally, I'd like to disable the following and one of the ports from the internal USB 2 header:
Q6RBDVl0KZB4JMFy_setting_000_1_90_end_500.png.png

Also, it will be interesting to see if USB 3.1 will work properly since there was evidence of drivers in Sierra.

Thanks in advance.

Hi. I was just reading the USB fix. Do you still have the source file of your SSDT-USB.asl? It would be helpful to know which HSxx and SSxx correspond to which ports so that we can disable some USB ports to keep the limit at 15 or less.

Ideally, I'd like to disable the following and one of the ports from the internal USB 2 header:
View attachment 207505

Also, it will be interesting to see if USB 3.1 will work properly since there was evidence of drivers in Sierra.

Thanks in advance.

hi guys.
sorry for delay, i was on holiday.
i attach here my ssdt-usb
i had to add also these boot args: uia_exclude=HS03;HS04

i have all the usb3 working.
i have to disable only the usb2 part of the bottom usb ports (so usb2 peripheral won't work in these ports, while usb3 peripheral will work)

edit: i will add a picture for usb names, as you suggested

Attachments

• SSDT-USB.zip
    739 bytes · Views: 139
Last edited:
Last edited:
hi guys.
sorry for delay, i was on holiday.
i attach here my ssdt-usb
i had to add also these boot args: uia_exclude=HS03;HS04

i have all the usb3 working.
i have to disable only the usb2 part of the bottom usb ports (so usb3 peripheral won't work in these ports, while usb3 peripheral will work)

edit: i will add a picture for usb names, as you suggested

Thanks very much for spending the time to map out the USB ports!! I'm sure that took a lot of time.

I like your idea of just removing USB2 while maintaining USB3 on some of the ports. I may do the same. ;)

Now, why are you both using a SSDT for USB when MultiBeast has the USB configuration options that take care of making the USB ports work? All my motherboard's Rear Panel and case's Front Panel USB ports work.

Thanks for the info. I hadn't heard that news, and I'm sure the other Admins haven't either, or I didn't get the memo. I'll look into this as I've not had any USB problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back