Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

I have a stupid question. Can I upgrade to public beta 2? I have Dad EFI Unified r5.1.5

I usually don't install betas but I don't see any reasons why it wouldn't work.

I usually don't install betas but I don't see any reasons why it wouldn't work.
I cannot understand why Davinci Resolve does not use a graphics card when exporting a project. I thought upgrading to beta 2 would solve the problem. But maybe the problem is different.

I cannot understand why Davinci Resolve does not use a graphics card when exporting a project. I thought upgrading to beta 2 would solve the problem. But maybe the problem is different.

I don't use Resolve, but have you set the GPU in settings?

davinci-resolve-14-gpu-egpu-selection-imac-pro.jpg

Attachments

• Снимок экрана 2019-11-19 в 21.36.39.png
    Снимок экрана 2019-11-19 в 21.36.39.png
    375.5 KB · Views: 50
  • Снимок экрана 2019-11-19 в 21.43.35.png
    Снимок экрана 2019-11-19 в 21.43.35.png
    745 KB · Views: 44
Sorry but how do you unlock it? There is no any CFG Lock on latest BIOS?

You will find detailed instructions here:

1. How to change hidden CFG Lock setting
I guess these are the most detailed instruction how to change hidden CFG lock setting.

For example Z390 Designare requires this line of code to update var:

Code:
setup_var_3 0x5C1 0x00

You will find detailed instructions here:

1. How to change hidden CFG Lock setting
I guess these are the most detailed instruction how to change hidden CFG lock setting.

For example Z390 Designare requires this line of code to update var:

Code:
setup_var_3 0x5C1 0x00
Thanks. I already did. But I realized, every update new BIOS or after CMOS reset we must to this over again which I did. :) But just in case I leave the KernelPM active on Clover.

BTW, if anyone is having issues with idling causing a crash as I was, I updated to the latest developer beta, and it no longer crashes after idling. Sleep does cause a crash now though. Looking on Apple's forums it looks like this bug is also occurring on real Macs after Catalina, so I don't think its hardware related.

@pastrychef off topic, but I am trying to figure out how to disable SIP with OpenCore. I found in the config.plist the csr-active-config key. It's data is set to AAAAAA== what does that represent / what is that encoded in? Thanks!

BTW, if anyone is having issues with idling causing a crash as I was, I updated to the latest developer beta, and it no longer crashes after idling. Sleep does cause a crash now though. Looking on Apple's forums it looks like this bug is also occurring on real Macs after Catalina, so I don't think its hardware related.

@pastrychef off topic, but I am trying to figure out how to disable SIP with OpenCore. I found in the config.plist the csr-active-config key. It's data is set to AAAAAA== what does that represent / what is that encoded in? Thanks!

AAAAAA== is Base64. The Hexadecimal equivalent is 00000000.

Below are the Hexadecimal settings for the csr-active-config setting that I'm aware of:
00000000 = SIP is enabled.
30000000 = Unsigned kexts allowed.
E7030000 = SIP completely disabled.

A4199F7D-A204-4EAE-B761-B45BAEF33AA7.jpeg

What is this? It appears at boot before Clover.

EFI 15.1.5
Cannot boot anything from Clover. Will reboot or freeze at blank screen after a couple of seconds of Apple load screen.

Attachments

• config.plist
    13.6 KB · Views: 49
Back