Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

Ok, thank you, that sounds great. Actually OpenCore EFI point 4 is really stable, and I don't think anyone "needs" to update right now. It's more of a wish to stay up to date in order to face Catalina update without worries. Not that I "know" there will be any problem with point 4.

Yes, 0.4.0 was very stable for me too and I saw no urgency in updating.

Hi
Do you have a perfect vgaTAB for a MSI vega 56 Air booster OC (blower edition).
I used the vgaTAB with target temp to 40° and default setting for vega 56, but under heavy load, the temp rise over 75° and the fan speed is the same as 40°

P.S. is there any method to create a custom fan speed curve?

Hi
Do you have a perfect vgaTAB for a MSI vega 56 Air booster OC (blower edition).
I used the vgaTAB with target temp to 40° and default setting for vega 56, but under heavy load, the temp rise over 75° and the fan speed is the same as 40°

P.S. is there any method to create a custom fan speed curve?

Just use VGTab to create your own kext. I switched to a Radeon VII and no longer have the Air Boost, but even when I did, I replaced the stock thermal paste with liquid metal so my kext probably wouldn't work well for you.

Google Chrome's auto update mechanism has been causing all sorts of havoc for Mac users who have SIP disabled.

Details of the problem can be found here:

If you are using my EFI folder, you can enable SIP. Just open your config.plist with Clover Configurator and go to config.plist > Rt Variables > CsrActiveConfig is set to "0x0".

Screen Shot 2019-09-24 at 7.30.29 PM.png

Hello,
will I run in any trouble if I use this ram:
?
It's the 3600 Mhz version with cl 17.
In theory it's supported by the motherboard, I just want to be sure not to waste 700 euro roughly. :))

EDIT
It looks like the motherboard that was used in this thread is not available anymore.
Is there another buying option?
This is an alternative that I found, it's based on z390.
https://www.amazon.de/dp/B07HS8SD1X/?tag=tonymacx8603-21
Is it painful to set up with OS X?

Would this card fit into the case (it's vega 64) being 29 cm long vs 21 of the vega 56 that you suggested:
https://www.amazon.de/dp/B0781VL2HB/?tag=tonymacx8603-21
?

Thank you.

Last edited:
Hello,
will I run in any trouble if I use this ram:
?
It's the 3600 Mhz version with cl 17.
In theory it's supported by the motherboard, I just want to be sure not to waste 700 euro roughly. :))

EDIT
It looks like the motherboard that was used in this thread is not available anymore.
Is there another buying option?

Thank you.

It's always best to check with the QVL (Qualified Vendor List) to see if RAM is compatible with each motherboard.

Yeah, you probably won't be able to find this motherboard anymore. Any of the Asus Maximus or ROG Z370 motherboards should work very similarly.

What about the next chipset: z390? https://www.amazon.de/dp/B07HS8SD1X/?tag=tonymacx8603-21
is vega 64 with 29 cm length ok?

Z390 can work... But it's more complicated to get macOS running well on it. It's likely that native NVRAM will never work on Z390. I have never recommended Z390 for hackintoshing to anyone.

Whether or not 29cm length video cards will work depends on the case that you choose.

I am gonna buy the same case as in your thread since I would like something that when I need to change locations does not weigh a ton. :)

I am gonna buy the same case as in your thread since I would like something that when I need to change locations does not weigh a ton. :)

29cm is fine with this case.

Back