Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

Mmm, I placed the kext file in the Clover/kext/other folder and rebooted.
It lookes like nothing changed. How can I check the kext file is working?
@pastrychef thanks for your patience, still learning...

Mmm, I placed the kext file in the Clover/kext/other folder and rebooted.
It lookes like nothing changed. How can I check the kext file is working?
@pastrychef thanks for your patience, still learning...

Check to see how fast the fans are running. Enter the following in to Terminal:
Code:
ioreg -l |grep \"PerformanceStatistics\" | cut -d '{' -f 2 | tr '|' ',' | tr -d '}' | tr ',' '\n'|grep 'Temp\|Fan'

"Fan Speed(%)"=18
"Fan Speed(RPM)"=903
"Temperature(C)"=33
so it did change?

Do I have to undervolt the memory (Vega 56) as well?

"Fan Speed(%)"=18
"Fan Speed(RPM)"=903
"Temperature(C)"=33
so it did change?

Do I have to undervolt the memory (Vega 56) as well?

That looks great.

As far as I know, undervolting the memory is not possible.

Mmmmm, now awake after sleep is broken, when using VegaTAB, machine goes to sleep, but no flashing power button.
When I touch space, machine goes on, but no ssd flashing, no screen...
Only thing I can do is reset, and F1, bios OK. Without VegaTAB:

"Fan Speed(%)"=37
"Fan Speed(RPM)"=0
"Temperature(C)"=29

Should I remove WEG?
or?

Mmmmm, now awake after sleep is broken, when using VegaTAB, machine goes to sleep, but no flashing power button.
When I touch space, machine goes on, but no ssd flashing, no screen...
Only thing I can do is reset, and F1, bios OK. Without VegaTAB:

"Fan Speed(%)"=37
"Fan Speed(RPM)"=0
"Temperature(C)"=29

Should I remove WEG?
or?

Which Vega card do you have? Is it a reference design? VGTab doesn't work with all Vega cards.

If you are not having fan noise issues, you don't need to use VGTab.

Sapphire nitro+ vega 56
I removed apple.power..... From L/S, found the tip here, now sleep/wakes workes again.
I wanted to undervolt the gpu, but thats nit working with the card?

Sapphire nitro+ vega 56
I removed apple.power..... From L/S, found the tip here, now sleep/wakes workes again.
I wanted to undervolt the gpu, but thats nit working with the card?

What did you remove? A file from /System/Library/? I've never advised anyone to do that.

Your card is not a reference card. VGTab will likely not work with it.

Chugging along on EFI ver. 4.5.2, Mojave, everything working; thank you!

Q1:
Something I can't figure out - how to install Windows on this machine? I tried with a new and separate hard drive, tried with 2 different usb sticks; tried making the installer USB using both unetbootin and Rufus.
No luck; I get one error message or the other. Tried formatting the USB stick on the Mac, tried formatting on Windows - nothing. Seems to me I'm missing some tiny but vital detail. Any thoughts?

Q2:
Lastly - I'm having some issues with USB ports occasionally dying and coming back to life hours later. Guessing this has something to do with the 15-port limit issue. My system is nearly identical to your build - do you advise pasting the "uia_exclude=HS08;HS09;HS10;HS11;HS12;HS13;HS14;SS07;SS08;SS09;SS10" fix into config.plist? Or does that conflict with some other fix or file in the EFI folder v452?

Thank you!

Chugging along on EFI ver. 4.5.2, Mojave, everything working; thank you!

Q1:
Something I can't figure out - how to install Windows on this machine? I tried with a new and separate hard drive, tried with 2 different usb sticks; tried making the installer USB using both unetbootin and Rufus.
No luck; I get one error message or the other. Tried formatting the USB stick on the Mac, tried formatting on Windows - nothing. Seems to me I'm missing some tiny but vital detail. Any thoughts?

Q2:
Lastly - I'm having some issues with USB ports occasionally dying and coming back to life hours later. Guessing this has something to do with the 15-port limit issue. My system is nearly identical to your build - do you advise pasting the "uia_exclude=HS08;HS09;HS10;HS11;HS12;HS13;HS14;SS07;SS08;SS09;SS10" fix into config.plist? Or does that conflict with some other fix or file in the EFI folder v452?

Thank you!

Windows is installed as it would be on any PC. If you are installing on a separate HD/SSD, it might be a good idea to disconnect your macOS drive during the install so you don't inadvertently mess something up.

There's a very high likelihood that it's the 15 port limit patches. They are not reliable. If you are using the M.2 for Wi-Fi/Bluetooth, try "uia_exclude=HS08;HS11;HS12;HS13;HS14;SS07;SS08;SS09;SS10;USR1;USR2". Once you add the uia_exclude, be sure to disable/delete all the 15 port limit KextsToPatch.

Back