Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

Go back to step 5. Boot from USB flash drive and select the drive where you have macOS installed.

There's no need to do step 6.

Mount the EFI folder of the drive where you have macOS installed and copy the EFI folder from post #1 to it.

If your AIO cooler just uses the USB port to power the pump, the SSDT won't interfere with that.

This is what I did, Booted from the USB Flash Drive, and selected my macOS drive. But I assume you mean I should redo it, since I did "my step 6" :D.

This is what I did, Booted from the USB Flash Drive, and selected my macOS drive. But I assume you mean I should redo it, since I did "my step 6" :D.

Yes.

Hi All, Merry Christmas although its a little late for that. I reread last 10 pages and I couldn't find any posting of the small issue have lately. Because I'm busy studying it became quite handy to use a 2nd monitor. So I borrowed one from work and connected it with a HDMI cable to a free port of my Sapphire VEGA 64 Nitro. It works perfectly @1440p. The only issue I have is that I get a black screen from wake. The system is still pingable but and my monitor receives input signals (monitors don't enter sleep because of no signal) on both however no wake. Any idea how to fix this?

Hi All, Merry Christmas although its a little late for that. I reread last 10 pages and I couldn't find any posting of the small issue have lately. Because I'm busy studying it became quite handy to use a 2nd monitor. So I borrowed one from work and connected it with a HDMI cable to a free port of my Sapphire VEGA 64 Nitro. It works perfectly @1440p. The only issue I have is that I get a black screen from wake. The system is still pingable but and my monitor receives input signals (monitors don't enter sleep because of no signal) on both however no wake. Any idea how to fix this?

I only have one monitor, but I connected DisplayPort and HDMI cables to my system at the same time and macOS believes I have two monitors.
Screen Shot 2018-12-27 at 7.39.27 PM.png

I just put the system to sleep and it woke without problems. I can only suggest trying a better HDMI cable...

Hi,
I have the same config like you, with the 1080 TI, which worked for some months without any problems. Today, I updated the BIOS to 1601. I have the same Settings like before. Now, I can't activate the Nvidia Driver anymore. I tried to change some BIOS Settings and reinstalling the Driver. Nothing seems to work. Do you have any idea why this happens?

Hi,
I have the same config like you, with the 1080 TI, which worked for some months without any problems. Today, I updated the BIOS to 1601. I have the same Settings like before. Now, I can't activate the Nvidia Driver anymore. I tried to change some BIOS Settings and reinstalling the Driver. Nothing seems to work. Do you have any idea why this happens?

Did you update anything else besides BIOS? There are no Nvidia drivers for Mojave. There are also multiple builds of macOS High Sierra 10.13.6. You need to make sure you have the correct version of the Nvidia web drivers installed.

Did you update anything else besides BIOS? There are no Nvidia drivers for Mojave. There are also multiple builds of macOS High Sierra 10.13.6. You need to make sure you have the correct version of the Nvidia web drivers installed.

no, just the bios. im still on high Sierra. webdrivers are the correct ones. this is very strange, even my Desktop Background Picture is now the stock one from apple and not the one i used. sometimes when i manualy set verbose = on, on the clover Bootloader it works.

no, just the bios. im still on high Sierra. webdrivers are the correct ones. this is very strange, even my Desktop Background Picture is now the stock one from apple and not the one i used. sometimes when i manualy set verbose = on, on the clover Bootloader it works.

That doesn't make sense... Can you try clearing PRAM? Press F11 at the Clover boot menu.

Also, did you make any changes to your network settings or serial number?

That doesn't make sense... Can you try clearing PRAM? Press F11 at the Clover boot menu.

Also, did you make any changes to your network settings or serial number?

nothing changed at all, just the bios update. and it is reproduceable, if i manualy turn on verbose mode it works. what i noticed is that at booting the progressbar stopped normaly in the last quarter for some seconds before i was logged in to the os, i guess this is where the gpu Driver is loaded. now it boots much faster, also when i use verbose and it works, it boots much faster than before. i know it doesnt make any sense, if you want i can Show it to you. dont get it at all

forgot, to Mention. the F11 restarted the System but it didnt helped

Back