Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

Thanks for all your work, pastrychef. This has been by far the easiest hackintosh experience for me so far :clap:. Apple did not even lock my iCloud Account this time :thumbup: Golden.

Did I do everything right? If so, can you please maybe add this to the guide on the first post, to help others?

Here is what I did before installation (a macbook with "clover configurator 5" on it was helpful to edit the EFI before copying it to the install-stick using the handy program "EFI Mouter v3"):

- I opened the config.plist with clover configurator and generated a Serial Number (Checked at everymac and the apple support website), SmUUID and Board Serial number.
- I also added:
Code:
-uia_exclude=HS03;SS03;HS04;SS04;USR1;USR2;HS11;HS13
to the boot arguments in order to get the ports down to 13 or so.
My USB 2.0 Front Panel is connected to (half) of the internal USB2.0 Header and the BCM94360CD Wifi/Bluetooth Card with (half of) a USB2.0 Header for Bluetooth Power both still work fine with this setting - as you said. Uneven internal ports do not seem to be used by many devices. Probably only USB 2.0 Hubs. I do have some sudden dropouts of the magic keyboard 2 that I really cannot explain. Then I need to turn it off and on again with this hackintosh. Especially in the BIOS. Any Idea, why it might stop working?

I did not download your SSDT that was uploaded in the first post (Strix Z370G USB ports.aml). Do I still need to download this, rename it and put it in the EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/Patched Folder? Or is the -uia_exclude argument enough?

Is any IOAPCI Patch needed?
I don't see one in the Kernel and Kext Patches section, so I did not enable it.
I found this one, should I add it for a 8350K Coffee Lake Chip? It says Skylake APIC fix, not Coffe Lake...
Code:
               <key>KextsToPatch</key>
                <array>
[B]                        <dict>
                                <key>Comment</key>
                                <string>Skylake APIC fix, discovered by Pike R. Alpha</string>
                                <key>Find</key>
                                <data>
                                wegQD7bw
                                </data>
                                <key>Name</key>
                                <string>AppleAPIC</string>
                                <key>Replace</key>
                                <data>
                                vhcAAACQ
                                </data>
                        </dict>[/B]

I do have a problem with Netflix in Safari (It works in Opera, though). I am using an RX570 Nitro+. You said this (DHCP related problem?) might be resolved by disabling the iGPU. How do you do this? I can not find an option in the 1601 BIOS...

Thanks for your support! You rock!:headbang:

Last edited:
Current version of IntelMausiEthernet.kext is 2.4.1 - Suggest you update.
I did, if you read the latest crash reports you'll see that I already tried that. I edited my post after a few minutes to add that part, so that's probably why you missed it.

if you read the latest crash reports you'll see that I already tried that.
I didn't because you said that "what they all have in common is kernel in backtrace is: com.insanelymac.IntelMausiEthernet(2.3)" and life is too short.

Merry Christmas.
@pastrychef remember I spoke of random shutdowns, cpu panics?! You told me to check overclock and so on. I did and it gave me some more stability. But I still get them. Twice today, and that's probably why I writing this post today :D
They seem network related. Im using the intel ethernet card in the motherboard. I figure that probably why you don't see the problem, since you're using a 10Gb card.
They are by no means related to workload or overclock. My first today happened 3.30 AM, when the entire house was sleeping. I figure that one is related to powernap waking up the system to do something ?! I have a bunch of the crash reports , and what they all have in common is kernel in backtrace is:
com.insanelymac.IntelMausiEthernet(2.3)[7664CC46-C3FE-3D04-93EE-FC1E4EFBBFB7]@0xffffff7f97713000->0xffffff7f9772afff
dependency: com.apple.iokit.IONetworkingFamily(3.4)[A37DBC4E-D518-3B2B-8736-AE6B88C53D9C]@0xffffff7f93a9c000

I hope you can help - or point to me to someone who can. Its not critical, since it can go weeks without a problem, but annoying that I can't rely 100% on this hack.

If you read into the crash reports, after the first few, you can tell I have tried getting the newest IntelMausiEthernet Kext.
With no effect :(

Attached crash reports, Dates
23 Oct
11 Nov
16 Nov
10 Dec
12 Dec
18 Dec
27 Dec
27 Dec #2

I have a 10GBase-T card but I still use the motherboard ethernet as well. I have both on separate networks. I have never seen any panics caused by IntelMausiEthernet.

I suggest trying to contact Mieze to submit a bug report. I recently did the same for Lilu.kext 1.2.9 with vit9696.

Thanks for all your work, pastrychef. This has been by far the easiest hackintosh experience for me so far :clap:. Apple did not even lock my iCloud Account this time :thumbup: Golden.

Did I do everything right? If so, can you please maybe add this to the guide on the first post, to help others?

Here is what I did before installation (a macbook with "clover configurator 5" on it was helpful to edit the EFI before copying it to the install-stick using the handy program "EFI Mouter v3"):

- I opened the config.plist with clover configurator and generated a Serial Number (Checked at everymac and the apple support website), SmUUID and Board Serial number.
- I also added:
Code:
-uia_exclude=HS03;SS03;HS04;SS04;USR1;USR2;HS11;HS13
to the boot arguments in order to get the ports down to 13 or so.
My USB 2.0 Front Panel is connected to (half) of the internal USB2.0 Header and the BCM94360CD Wifi/Bluetooth Card with (half of) a USB2.0 Header for Bluetooth Power both still work fine with this setting - as you said. Uneven internal ports do not seem to be used by many devices. Probably only USB 2.0 Hubs. I do have some sudden dropouts of the magic keyboard 2 that I really cannot explain. Then I need to turn it off and on again with this hackintosh. Especially in the BIOS. Any Idea, why it might stop working?

I did not download your SSDT that was uploaded in the first post (Strix Z370G USB ports.aml). Do I still need to download this, rename it and put it in the EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/Patched Folder? Or is the -uia_exclude argument enough?

Is any IOAPCI Patch needed?
I don't see one in the Kernel and Kext Patches section, so I did not enable it.
I found this one, should I add it for a 8350K Coffee Lake Chip? It says Skylake APIC fix, not Coffe Lake...
Code:
               <key>KextsToPatch</key>
                <array>
[B]                        <dict>
                                <key>Comment</key>
                                <string>Skylake APIC fix, discovered by Pike R. Alpha</string>
                                <key>Find</key>
                                <data>
                                wegQD7bw
                                </data>
                                <key>Name</key>
                                <string>AppleAPIC</string>
                                <key>Replace</key>
                                <data>
                                vhcAAACQ
                                </data>
                        </dict>[/B]

I do have a problem with Netflix in Safari (It works in Opera, though). I am using an RX570 Nitro+. You said this (DHCP related problem?) might be resolved by disabling the iGPU. How do you do this? I can not find an option in the 1601 BIOS...

Oh, and the time is always set incorrectly. It is off by -8 hours. Time is automatically synced with apple servers. Time zone is set correctly. Even if I set the time manually. After a reboot it is wrong again. I have no Idea why. Is it something with the BIOS or the battery? (on a new Board the battery should not be dead...)

Thanks for your support! You rock!:headbang:

Applying Serial, Board Serial, and UUID before or after installation is fine.

Yes, I suggest that you still use the SSDT.aml file. It helps define which ports are internal. You can add HS08;HS09;HS10;SS08;SS09;SS10 to your exclude list. These ports are not used. Ideally, you want at least 11 ports on the exclude list.

I don't think the ACPI patch is needed for this motherboard.

If you want to disable IGPU, disable "iGPU Multi-Monitor" in BIOS and use iMacPro1,1 system definition in your config.plist.
181219102117.jpg

Is it ok for 4k editing in fcpx, thanks

I'm not a FCPX user, but I know there are at least a few users using this build for that purpose... Perhaps some of them can chime in...

Scratching my head...

Finally made the move to install OSX on this motherboard which I have. Credits to @pastrychef for this great support.

I did all the essential steps.

1. Made the UniBeast stick
2. Copied over the EFI folder from the #1 post.
3. The BIOS stuff, enable/disable
4. Installation, all good.
5. Booted from the UniBeast stick, but this time to my installation drive. Success.
6. Downloaded Clover UEFI Boot Mode v2.4k r4586, and installed it.
7. Copied the EFI folder from post #1 to the installation drive.
- Skipped all the SSDT, iMessage stuff for now..
8. Reboot, this time from my installation drive
- Clover can't see my APFS drive, this is Mojave (wanted High Sierra from the beginning but couldn't make the USB-stick, tried 3 different ones, install must be broken somehow :(). It just sees another NTFS drive.

This is the board WITHOUT WiFi.

Also, I have an AIO cooler using one of the internal USB2 ports, that's why I skipped the SSDT, was a bit nervous if it would kill of the AIO somehow in OSX (when booted), or if the USB connection is just for configuration (which I belive, colors blabla).

This is on WD Blue M2 SATA drive.
Running a Sapphire Vega card.

Last edited:
Scratching my head...

Finally made the move to install OSX on this motherboard which I have. Credits to @pastrychef for this great support.

I did all the essential steps.

1. Made the UniBeast stick
2. Copied over the EFI folder from the #1 post.
3. The BIOS stuff, enable/disable
4. Installation, all good.
5. Booted from the UniBeast stick, but this time to my installation drive. Success.
6. Downloaded Clover UEFI Boot Mode v2.4k r4586, and installed it.
7. Copied the EFI folder from post #1 to the installation drive.
- Skipped all the SSDT, iMessage stuff for now..
8. Reboot, this time from my installation drive
- Clover can't see my APFS drive, this is Mojave (wanted High Sierra from the beginning but couldn't make the USB-stick, tried 3 different ones, install must be broken somehow :(). It just sees another NTFS drive.

This is the board WITHOUT WiFi.

Go back to step 5. Boot from USB flash drive and select the drive where you have macOS installed.

There's no need to do step 6.

Mount the EFI folder of the drive where you have macOS installed and copy the EFI folder from post #1 to it.

If your AIO cooler just uses the USB port to power the pump, the SSDT won't interfere with that.

Back