Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

That doesn't make sense. The Generic kext is for old unsupported USB. Z370 USB is supported. Even the USB 3.1 gen 2 ports are supported. The only reason why you would have problems is incorrect SSDT for USB implementation or lack of 15 port limit patch.
I am in the process of Restore to last night before changes. I previously post the SSDT I am using

I am in the process of Restore to last night before changes. I previously post the SSDT I am using

I can't really tell if your SSDT is correct without actually having the motherboard in front of me to map out. I can only guesstimate...

I can't really tell if your SSDT is correct without actually having the motherboard in front of me to map out. I can only guesstimate...
Will the IOReg help?

Will the IOReg help?

You just have to map out all the ports, then correctly label them in SSDT with 0, 3, or 255. Depending on which method you use, you may have to use "uia_exclude" in config.plist.

You just have to map out all the ports, then correctly label them in SSDT with 0, 3, or 255. Depending on which method you use, you may have to use "uia_exclude" in config.plist.
Based on the instructions for usb SSDT and the actual layout of the MB with the additional USB 3 hub and the USB 2 hub all of the ports are labeled correctly. 0 for usb 2, 3 for USB 3 and 255 for the hubs

I removed NullCPUPowerManagement, checked "pmset -g log | grep -I failure" and got this result:
Screen Shot 2018-11-22 at 1.40.17 PM.png

can you give me an example with "uia_exclude", where in the config.list that might be?

I removed NullCPUPowerManagement, checked "pmset -g log | grep -I failure" and got this result:View attachment 367268
can you give me an example with "uia_exclude", where in the config.list that might be?

No one should use NullCPUPowerManagement for Z170, Z270, or Z370. (not sure about older chipsets)
As the name implies, it will screw up power management.

Look a few posts up. I posed a config.plist that has "uia_exclude".

What I used to compile the SSDT

Attachments

• SSDT-UIAC-ALL.dsl
    4.1 KB · Views: 79
Back