Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

Thank you! Sounds great!

No way to use the built in WiFi/BT of the Asus board? Or connecting elsewhere than the M.2? There's only 2*M.2 slots right? So can only connect one SSD there if the other has the WiFi/BT card?

There are no drivers for the included Wi-Fi/Bluetooth card.

The Z370-G has two M.2 slots for SSDs and one M.2 slot for Wi-Fi/Bluetooth.

Hello
I upgraded to 10.14.1, everything ok.
A few days later I updated to EFI r4.5.1, and the hack continues working perfectly fine. I just replaced my Serial, Board Serial, and UUID.

Today I tried to boot Windows 10, then I realized windows partition is not shown anymore in clover menu.
I rolled back to the previous EFI folder and then it showed up again, booted windows with no problems.
For some reason, using EFI r4.5.1 doesn't show the windows partition anymore, any idea what could be the cause of this?

I have a single 1TB disk, disk0s1 is EFI, disk0s2 APFS (722GB) and disk0s3 Microsoft Basic Data BOOTCAMP (300GB).

I ran a diff between config.plist of new and old EFI folders, none of the differences seems to be related to this.

Thanks!
Jorge

Hello
I upgraded to 10.14.1, everything ok.
A few days later I updated to EFI r4.5.1, and the hack continues working perfectly fine. I just replaced my Serial, Board Serial, and UUID.

Today I tried to boot Windows 10, then I realized windows partition is not shown anymore in clover menu.
I rolled back to the previous EFI folder and then it showed up again, booted windows with no problems.
For some reason, using EFI r4.5.1 doesn't show the windows partition anymore, any idea what could be the cause of this?

I have a single 1TB disk, disk0s1 is EFI, disk0s2 APFS (722GB) and disk0s3 Microsoft Basic Data BOOTCAMP (300GB).

I ran a diff between config.plist of new and old EFI folders, none of the differences seems to be related to this.

Thanks!
Jorge

Oops. I think I accidentally hid Windows partitions... Please try the following.
  • Open your config.plist with Clover Configurator.
  • Go to the Gun section.
  • Highlight Windows.
  • Click the little minus sign to the right of that section.
Screen Shot 2018-11-14 at 3.34.10 AM.png

Thanks Chef, but I'm afraid it didn't work.
Also, I checked the config of my old EFI folder (r4.4), it also hides Windows, but still clover shows it.

All things being the same, I suspect it might be a Clover issue. I know that they've been working on the boot menu graphics from their change logs so maybe a bug crept in.

As a work around, you can use the BIOS boot menu to boot in to Windows. This is how I have always done it, not through the Clover boot menu.

Found a great sale price on the Sapphire NITRO+ RX 580 – Special Edition.

Saw several reports online of severe coil whine noise?

Last edited:
You can try clearing CMOS but that would require the you re-enter all your BIOS settings.

thanks @pastrychef ! just reset my BIOS . a long night and two days later. the PC couldt boot after battery CMOS reset. then i changed the RAM slot to A1 and it worked! thank god cuz i was freaking out!! lol i setup the BIOS as before but now I can access mac os via a unibeast boot USB

any idea what do try to get the clover partition to show up again? basically the mac partition is still here and im using it now. but in the BIOS, there is only one partition for Windows and no more second partition for UEFI for clover boot. i dont see any mojave multibeats. I do have closer install in mac os but i guess it lost some element when resetting the motherboard.

the reason i had to reset the bios since mac os couldnt shut down several times (stuck on spinning grey wheel on black screen right before it should shut down - it spins forever. even if i unplugged all USB drives. trying to ID the root cause since is the main problem with my build now. and two times it did this is after i had two Photoshop files hang on 0% and never saved the file and lost work. seems hard drive related maybe. altough i am running test on HHD but till now it says all is fin with the drives. so strange

postive note! ; ) got my VEGA 64 Sapphire Nitro and its awesome!! crazy hot bu performance is great! so i hope that might sove some issues with multi screen i had before ; )

thanks again for your help!

thanks @pastrychef ! just reset my BIOS . a long night and two days later. the PC couldt boot after battery CMOS reset. then i changed the RAM slot to A1 and it worked! thank god cuz i was freaking out!! lol i setup the BIOS as before but now I can access mac os via a unibeast boot USB

any idea what do try to get the clover partition to show up again? basically the mac partition is still here and im using it now. but in the BIOS, there is only one partition for Windows and no more second partition for UEFI for clover boot. i dont see any mojave multibeats. I do have closer install in mac os but i guess it lost some element when resetting the motherboard.

the reason i had to reset the bios since mac os couldnt shut down several times (stuck on spinning grey wheel on black screen right before it should shut down - it spins forever. even if i unplugged all USB drives. trying to ID the root cause since is the main problem with my build now. and two times it did this is after i had two Photoshop files hang on 0% and never saved the file and lost work. seems hard drive related maybe. altough i am running test on HHD but till now it says all is fin with the drives. so strange

postive note! ; ) got my VEGA 64 Sapphire Nitro and its awesome!! crazy hot bu performance is great! so i hope that might sove some issues with multi screen i had before ; )

thanks again for your help!

Have you upgraded BIOS?

Did you install another OS recently?

Have you tried coping the EFI folder back to the EFI partition of your main system drive again?

Have you upgraded BIOS?

Did you install another OS recently?

Have you tried coping the EFI folder back to the EFI partition of your main system drive again?

I'm having a look at your config.plist and had a quick question about ACPI patching:
Are the DSDT patches you have all that is needed for the platform? On the x299 platform I spent half a week implementing USB power management and thread naming patches for a 18-core CPU and was wondering if these are all that Coffee Lake/ 9900k needs. Especially, I was thinking things like OSI -> XOSI, H_EC -> EC__, IDER->MEID etc. Do these need researching/ enabling for optimal stability etc. or are they simply unneeded on this platform?
Also, do you feel that except the USB SSDT implementation, are there any specific device-specific SSDTs that need implementing? I was thinking about the GPU in particular, where I had quite good experiences with an SSDT-based implementation instead of the .kext. If you feel that the kext is just as good however, that saves huge amounts of time.

Thanks a lot!

Sami

Back