Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

Anybody with a Radeon VII + z370 Asus that dual boots have issues with sleep in Windows 10?

My Hack works great, but ironically, it’s Windows which black screens when I come out of sleep.

Not really soliciting for advice on this one as much as curious if others experience the same thing. I’m guessing it’s the graphics driver.

Can your MSI Vega 56 Air Boost work natively without Lilu+WEG?

Can your MSI Vega 56 Air Boost work natively without Lilu+WEG?

Yes, both the Air Boost and the PowerColor Red Dragon can work with out WhateverGreen but you lose DRM support and, maybe, multi-monitor support.

Also, without WhateverGreen, you won't get HDMI/DisplayPort audio.

Yes, both the Air Boost and the PowerColor Red Dragon can work with out WhateverGreen but you lose DRM support and, maybe, multi-monitor support.

Also, without WhateverGreen, you won't get HDMI/DisplayPort audio.

Thanks! And power/fan management is working correctly? I've heard some time ago there was problem with blower running at full speed all the time. Its fixed by now?

Thanks! And power/fan management is working correctly? I've heard some time ago there was problem with blower running at full speed all the time. Its fixed by now?

Yes.

Anybody with a Radeon VII + z370 Asus that dual boots have issues with sleep in Windows 10?

My Hack works great, but ironically, it’s Windows which black screens when I come out of sleep.

Not really soliciting for advice on this one as much as curious if others experience the same thing. I’m guessing it’s the graphics driver.
Seemed to have found the problem. Internal Graphics Card was active. Disabling allows for normal wake.

@pastrychef Unfortunately, my issues are back. While overall stability seems to be improved, there isn't any noticeable BT stuttering, but the WIFI misbehaves again - as soon as the machine goes to sleep and wakes up, the wifi quality drops significantly, the ping to the router goes from 2ms average to 200-300ms average and stays there. Switching networks doesn't help, turning the wifi OFF/ON doesn't help either, seems like the only thing to fix it is a reboot, but then it will come back with the next sleep/wake cycle. Tested the latest 5.1.1 EFI, without much luck.

Any ideas on that?

@pastrychef Unfortunately, my issues are back. While overall stability seems to be improved, there isn't any noticeable BT stuttering, but the WIFI misbehaves again - as soon as the machine goes to sleep and wakes up, the wifi quality drops significantly, the ping to the router goes from 2ms average to 200-300ms average and stays there. Switching networks doesn't help, turning the wifi OFF/ON doesn't help either, seems like the only thing to fix it is a reboot, but then it will come back with the next sleep/wake cycle. Tested the latest 5.1.1 EFI, without much luck.

Any ideas on that?

The randomness of your problem makes me believe it might be a shoddy PCI-e adaptor. Have you tried one of the adaptors for the M.2 slot?

Thinking about doing a custom BIOS logo. Anyway to turn off the giant "PLEASE PRESS DEL..." info at the bottom? Or just make it really small instead of 110pt.

IMG_2021.jpeg

Back