Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD Vega 56

pastrychef

Motherboard
Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (Wi-Fi AC)
CPU
i9-9900K OC'd @ 5.0GHz
Graphics
Vega 56
Mac
MacBook, Mac Pro
Classic Mac
iBook, Power Mac, PowerBook
Mobile Phone
iOS
aoc? ...hmmmm.... I'm sorry to say but you have better tastes ... only the way it's written "aoc" and I find it dubious as a quality ... in my opinion, it is cheap and poor quality china ... why did not you focus on LG ... they broke everything could from the market with the OLED screen ..
When I bought my monitor, there were not many 32" 4K monitors on the market. I just ended up buying this locally at the B&H store on 34th street.

As I said, for the two years I've owned it, it has worked fine. Much better than the Dell 4K that I had before it. The previous two monitors that I had before this were Dells. The 27" 4K and an old 30". Both had dead pixels on the first ones I received and I had to return them for exchange to get panels with no dead pixels. This one was perfect out of the box.

pastrychef

Motherboard
CPU
i9-9900K OC'd @ 5.0GHz
Graphics
Vega 56
Mac
MacBook, Mac Pro
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
iOS
In my experience LG is poor quality crap from Korea, so they made a really good picture that does not make their product good. The thought of owning something made by LG makes me throw up in my mouth.
I feel the same way about Samsung. Lol

A few years back when LED TVs were still quite expensive, I paid about $3000 for a 55" and that piece of garbage started giving me problems after just 2 years of use. The layers on the panel started separating and caused a portion of the screen to create a cloud like image on everything. Of course, it was out of warranty and Samsung wanted over $1000 to fix it. I told them to go $%&# themselves.

I also had a Samsung laser printer that started printing streaks on every page before I even used up 50% of the toner.

Now I try to avoid all Samsung products with the exception of their NVMe SSDs. But I did also have an SM951 that just stopped working one day.

Edit:
I replaced the Samsung TV with an LG that ended up dying after about 3 years (backlight failure). But I paid much less for it. I've now changed philosophies and will not purchase expensive TVs. I buy mid-range when on sale and consider them disposable products with extremely limited life spans and I'm ready to replace about every 3 years.

I miss the old days when a Sony Trinitron would last for so long that it was handed down from generation to generation like a family heirloom.

Last edited:
Motherboard
ASUS MAXIMUS X HERO WI-FI AC
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
Vega 56
Mac
Mac mini
Mobile Phone
iOS

I miss the old days when a Sony Trinitron would last for so long that it was handed down from generation to generation like a family heirloom.
I do not know from where this trend of high-diagonal monitors ... especially the wide ones ... it's true that we have a horizontal view, but I think it's a lot of exaggeration ... I think it's more a trend and nothing more ... i still have a sony monitor with trinitron tube that I keep for calibration ... maybe LG is not the best option, maybe it's a Korean thing, but with the OLED screen broke the mouth of the fair ...

edit: the same opinion about samsung products

Last edited:

pastrychef

Motherboard
CPU
i9-9900K OC'd @ 5.0GHz
Graphics
Vega 56
Mac
MacBook, Mac Pro
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
iOS
I do not know where this trend of high-diagonal monitors ... especially the wide ones ... it's true that we have a horizontal view, but I think it's a lot of exaggeration ... I think it's more a trend and nothing more ... i still have a sony monitor with trinitron tube that I keep for calibration ... maybe LG is not the best option, maybe it's a Korean thing, but with the OLED screen broke the mouth of the fair ...

edit: the same opinion about samsung products
I think "wide screen" or 16:9/16:10 became popular because it brought a more cinema-like experience. Less black borders on top and bottom when compared to 4:3 display.

I've seen the LG OLED displays and the image quality is amazing. But having had two TVs that did not even last 3 full years, I was very apprehensive about spending so much on a TV again...

Motherboard
ASUS MAXIMUS X HERO WI-FI AC
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
Vega 56
Mac
Mac mini
Mobile Phone
iOS
I've seen the LG OLED displays and the image quality is amazing. But having had two TVs that did not even last 3 full years, I was very apprehensive about spending so much on a TV again...
obviously not worth it .. moral wear is logarithmic to electronics today ... we must have the courage to keep us somewhere in the middle class at the price / quality ratio ...

Motherboard
ASUS ROG STRIX Z370-F
CPU
I5-8600K
Graphics
Vega 56
Mac
Mac mini, Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
Dam that is some bad luck I think maybe like my luck with making the Hack stay stable. I have 4 sam monitors the two 4k I bought for $800 new for the pair 399 each about 3 years ago, the price was way to good to be true but it was so I swooped them.

I recently also bought my GF the same monitor because it was $100 for the floor model. I do have another older 1080 Samsung monitor that I have been using for about 8 years now, and a 10 year old Samsung TV I think I paid 1000, it was the primary TV for about 7 years though it was replaced by a Sony 4k about 3 years ago. I have never bought anything that was super expencive from them just the average price of other things around them. I really liked my 1080 Asus monitors I had before these 4k ones, and the Dell one I had before that. Back in the olden CRT days I used Viewsonic only nothing else compared back then maybe Sony but I do not remember them making monitors then.

pastrychef

Motherboard
CPU
i9-9900K OC'd @ 5.0GHz
Graphics
Vega 56
Mac
MacBook, Mac Pro
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
iOS
Dam that is some bad luck I think maybe like my luck with making the Hack stay stable. I have 4 sam monitors the two 4k I bought for $800 new for the pair 399 each about 3 years ago, the price was way to good to be true but it was so I swooped them.

I recently also bought my GF the same monitor because it was $100 for the floor model. I do have another older 1080 Samsung monitor that I have been using for about 8 years now, and a 10 year old Samsung TV I think I paid 1000, it was the primary TV for about 7 years though it was replaced by a Sony 4k about 3 years ago. I have never bought anything that was super expencive from them just the average price of other things around them. I really liked my 1080 Asus monitors I had before these 4k ones, and the Dell one I had before that. Back in the olden CRT days I used Viewsonic only nothing else compared back then maybe Sony but I do not remember them making monitors then.
Yeah. Lol. Horrible luck!!

My very first monitor was a Sony Multi-sync. I think I got it when I was about 13 years old. I even made my own monitor cable from Radio Shack parts. Lol

I remember using a Mitsubishi Multi-sync with my PowerMac G3/G4s. I think it was a 20". I swear it seemed like that behemoth weighed like 80lbs. It was a pretty high end monitor at the time and lasted for years.

After that, I went LCD and went through a few Dells (21-30") with which I had very good experiences with up until the 27". When I got my 32", I don't think Dell had a 32" available.

Motherboard
ASUS ROG STRIX Z370-F
CPU
I5-8600K
Graphics
Vega 56
Mac
Mac mini, Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
My very first monitor was a Sony Multi-sync. I think I got it when I was about 13 years old. I even made my own monitor cable from Radio Shack parts. Lol
Thats hard core old monitor cables have a lot of wires, I tried to replace a Pin once did not turn out so well.

pastrychef

Motherboard
CPU
i9-9900K OC'd @ 5.0GHz
Graphics
Vega 56
Mac
MacBook, Mac Pro
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
iOS
Thats hard core old monitor cables have a lot of wires, I tried to replace a Pin once did not turn out so well.
Lol. It was just DB15 and not all the pins were used, so not too bad... Fun times...

Motherboard
ASUS Z370-E
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
Vega 56
Mac
MacBook Air, Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
Android
Which one? I have the BenQ PD3200U and the LG 32UD59-B. I prefer the LG. The BenQ "Blinks" every few minutes and I will eventually return it. I love it otherwise
I have the same BenQ and get the same blinking. My computer has been crashing a few times a day where all of a sudden it goes to a blank screen and is unresponsive. Have you had that happen while using your BenQ?