Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD Vega 56

Motherboard
ASUS ROG STRIX Z370-F
CPU
I5-8600K
Graphics
RX580
Mac
Mac mini, Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
No. I don't have enough space on my desk for two monitor. Even my current 32" is really pushing it.
You got plenty of room you are just not maximizing the volume... Get a Monitor Mount and Stack it on top of the other one. I got this Sound Engineer client where we stacked monitors so that the sound is always even to the ears but he can still have the second monitor for sliders and such. Also you could always find a new home for that printer like on a small cart under your desk.

pastrychef

Motherboard
Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (Wi-Fi AC)
CPU
i9-9900K OC'd @ 5.0GHz
Graphics
Vega 56 + UHD 630
Mac
MacBook, Mac Pro
Classic Mac
iBook, Power Mac, PowerBook
Mobile Phone
iOS
You got plenty of room you are just not maximizing the volume... Get a Monitor Mount and Stack it on top of the other one. I got this Sound Engineer client where we stacked monitors so that the sound is always even to the ears but he can still have the second monitor for sliders and such. Also you could always find a new home for that printer like on a small cart under your desk.
Lol. Then I would need to find a place to put my legs. :lol: I already have my USP under my desk...

I tried using two monitors many, many years ago and hated it. I much prefer a single large monitor. No head turning, just movement of eyeballs for me.

Motherboard
ASUS ROG STRIX Z370-F
CPU
I5-8600K
Graphics
RX580
Mac
Mac mini, Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
Lol. Then I would need to find a place to put my legs. :lol: I already have my USP under my desk...

I tried using two monitors many, many years ago and hated it. I much prefer a single large monitor. No head turning, just movement of eyeballs for me.
I design homes so when I get corrections from the city or who ever, it is nice to have the correction sheets open on one monitor and then my drafting/modeling software open on the other instead of having to tab back and forth. Also when I was in school it was nice to have the book/web pages on one screen while adding research into word or what ever. it is also really nice for comparing stuff. I have two 27inch 4k monitors, I would love a monitor that did 7680 x 2160 So I guess that would be like a 4k ultra wide.

pastrychef

Motherboard
Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (Wi-Fi AC)
CPU
i9-9900K OC'd @ 5.0GHz
Graphics
Vega 56 + UHD 630
Mac
MacBook, Mac Pro
Classic Mac
iBook, Power Mac, PowerBook
Mobile Phone
iOS
I design homes so when I get corrections from the city or who ever, it is nice to have the correction sheets open on one monitor and then my drafting/modeling software open on the other instead of having to tab back and forth. Also when I was in school it was nice to have the book/web pages on one screen while adding research into word or what ever. it is also really nice for comparing stuff. I have two 27inch 4k monitors, I would love a monitor that did 7680 x 2160 So I guess that would be like a 4k ultra wide.
Size matter when we start talking about such high resolutions. To use 7680x2160 at native resolution, I'd probably need a monitor that stretches approx 55" or more in width. :crazy:

I remember trying to use my 27" at native resolution. While I was able to see everything, it would become a strain rather quickly. Even with my current 32", I use tap to zoom quite often in Safari.

Motherboard
ASUS ROG STRIX Z370-F
CPU
I5-8600K
Graphics
RX580
Mac
Mac mini, Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
Size matter when we start talking about such high resolutions. To use 7680x2160 at native resolution, I'd probably need a monitor that stretches approx 55" or more in width. :crazy:

I remember trying to use my 27" at native resolution. While I was able to see everything, it would become a strain rather quickly. Even with my current 32", I use tap to zoom quite often in Safari.
My bad they are 28" monitors and the two together they are about 50 wide the diagonal is 54/55. So not much space saving though it would look much cooler...

Motherboard
ASUS MAXIMUS X HERO WI-FI AC
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
Radeon VII
Mac
Mac mini
Mobile Phone
iOS
aoc? ...hmmmm.... I'm sorry to say but you have better tastes ... only the way it's written "aoc" and I find it dubious as a quality ... in my opinion, it is cheap and poor quality china ... why did not you focus on LG ... they broke everything could from the market with the OLED screen ..

Motherboard
ASUS ROG STRIX Z370-F
CPU
I5-8600K
Graphics
RX580
Mac
Mac mini, Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
in my opinion, it is cheap and poor quality china ... why did not you focus on LG ... they broke everything could from the market with the OLED screen ..
In my experience LG is poor quality crap from Korea, so they made a really good picture that does not make their product good. The thought of owning something made by LG makes me throw up in my mouth.

Motherboard
ASUS MAXIMUS X HERO WI-FI AC
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
Radeon VII
Mac
Mac mini
Mobile Phone
iOS
In my experience LG is poor quality crap from Korea, so they made a really good picture that does not make their product good. The thought of owning something made by LG makes me throw up in my mouth.

:)...each with his sympathies ...