Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

So, I would start by stripping the system down to the bare essentials: boot drive, and no video card, and no wireless card, etc., as little as possible. Just enough to load the os. Then one by one add in components, and test. I'd add drives and see if you have the odd behavior you discussed before. Then add another component, etc, and test. Repeat until it's built back to normal See where that gets you some idea of where the issue is......just a thought..,,..

And, here's a decent deal on a power supply, I have one of these and it was fine, replaced it with a larger one.....https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817153198

But if yours tests out okay, you wouldn't need it........
Thank you

Hey Chef!

I have a problem that bothers me a bit with my Hak, so I thought you might be able to give an advice...

I have the same built, except I swapped 1070 to 1080ti.
The problem is that my computer behaves weird when it sleeps.

Here is the problem:
Computer goes to sleep without any problems, it wakes up perfectly. However after a long period time like overnight or 6-8 hours I usually find my Hak is ON but the screen is OFF. Fans are spinning, GPUs LEDs are on, it is slightly warm (the case glass) but it doesn't wakes up. No reaction on keyboard, apple mouse, wired mouse, power button - nothing at all...
The only way is to turn off PSU or hold power button long enough to shut if off.

I literally don't know what to do:(

It started pretty recently, might be after I switched GPU but I doubt it. Another possible reason might be a latest security update that I accidentally installed and almost killed the system (but was able to log in and fix all the issues). I pretty positive that this problem came up way after both GLU swap and update, so I kinda doubt that all these related.

Have you checked out your bios? AHCI enabled and then look into each port and click on them to see if you can activate hot plug? Cstates and Pstates settings may be playing a role as well.

ERP enabled, disabled. There may be bios settings that will address the issue and or config.plist settings as well. Halt enabler, enable C6, C2, C4, C7 etc.

SATA Controller = Enabled
SATA Mode Selection = AHCI
Agressive LPM Support = Enabled
All SATA ports, Hot Plug can be enabled
ERP = Disabled
Uncertain what to do with C states, in previous config.plists C6 was enabled, not sure why this is not since the fresh install of 10.14.1
Screen Shot 2018-12-03 at 5.18.56 PM.png

Hey Chef!

I have a problem that bothers me a bit with my Hak, so I thought you might be able to give an advice...

I have the same built, except I swapped 1070 to 1080ti.
The problem is that my computer behaves weird when it sleeps.

Here is the problem:
Computer goes to sleep without any problems, it wakes up perfectly. However after a long period time like overnight or 6-8 hours I usually find my Hak is ON but the screen is OFF. Fans are spinning, GPUs LEDs are on, it is slightly warm (the case glass) but it doesn't wakes up. No reaction on keyboard, apple mouse, wired mouse, power button - nothing at all...
The only way is to turn off PSU or hold power button long enough to shut if off.

I literally don't know what to do:(

It started pretty recently, might be after I switched GPU but I doubt it. Another possible reason might be a latest security update that I accidentally installed and almost killed the system (but was able to log in and fix all the issues). I pretty positive that this problem came up way after both GLU swap and update, so I kinda doubt that all these related.
Sounds like what I'm dealing with. How many hard drives do you have installed? See @mm2margaret advice above.

SATA Controller = Enabled
SATA Mode Selection = AHCI
Agressive LPM Support = Enabled
All SATA ports, Hot Plug can be enabled
ERP = Disabled
Uncertain what to do with C states, in previous config.plists C6 was enabled, not sure why this is not since the fresh install of 10.14.1
View attachment 370010

If you go to ACPI section there is a enable C6 as well. In bios there should also be settings for enabling Cstates which you need to do to get it to work in Clover. If you test this you can get a boot log from Clover Configurator to see that they are generated.

Screen Shot 2018-12-03 at 4.42.23 PM.png

If you go to ACPI section there is a enable C6 as well. In bios there should also be settings for enabling Cstates which you need to do to get it to work in Clover. If you test this you can get a boot log from Clover Configurator to see that they are generated.

View attachment 370012
This is what config.plist presently states:
<key>SSDT</key>
<dict>
<key>DropOem</key>
<false/>
<key>Generate</key>
<dict>
<key>CStates</key>
<false/>
<key>PStates</key>
<false/>
<key>PluginType</key>
<true/>
</dict>
</dict>

View attachment 370012
This?
Screen Shot 2018-12-03 at 5.46.45 PM.png

No go up 4 options to ACPI.
Could not find "In bios there should also be settings for enabling Cstates which you need to do to get it to work in Clover" in BIOS

Back