Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

Ok, thanks! Also....what's your recommendation on when to migrate from EFI 3.5 to 4.4.2? (Before installing Mojave? or after Mojave has finished installing?)

Before you begin downloading the Mojave update.

Screenshot 2018-09-24 at 17.13.34.png

• Outcome of the installation/update: SUCCESSFUL
  • macOS version prior update: macOS 10.13.6 High Sierra
  • Clover version: Clover r4674
  • Time for update: 40 minutes LESS! ;-)
  • Additional notes: I think it restarted 3 times. If you get a kernel panic on reboot, select "FileVault Prebooter From Preboot". <- First attempt choosing this one resulted panic something with relinked kernel cache. 2nd try was successful.

P.S. Since a while the USB keyboard is terrible slow in clover GUI ... a totally different issue any idea?

• Outcome of the installation/update: SUCCESSFUL
  • macOS version prior update: macOS 10.13.6 High Sierra
  • Clover version: Clover r4674
  • Time for update: 40 minutes LESS! ;-)
  • Additional notes: I think it restarted 3 times. If you get a kernel panic on reboot, select "FileVault Prebooter From Preboot". <- First attempt choosing this one resulted panic something with relinked kernel cache. 2nd try was successful.
P.S. Since a while the USB keyboard is terrible slow in clover GUI ... a totally different issue any idea?

Cool!

Not sure why your keyboard is slow with the Clover boot menu... You can try removing AptioInputFix-64.eif and/or UsbKbDxe-64.efi from /EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI/.

Keep in mind that removing these will make your keyboard unresponsive at the login screen if you have FileVault enabled.

I can
Cool!

Not sure why your keyboard is slow with the Clover boot menu... You can try removing AptioInputFix-64.eif and/or UsbKbDxe-64.efi from /EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI/.

Keep in mind that removing these will make your keyboard unresponsive at the login screen if you have FileVault enabled.
I can live with this. I don't have to choose a lot of different settings anymore. The time of troubleshooting is over thanks to you Chef ;-) With your support its basically not more then creation of an usb installer, copy the whole EFI content from high-sierra to the USB EFI, start the installation and once it finishes copy the EFI content to the SSD.
I noticed there is no way to skip Apfs anymore in the installation process. The only way is to install it first to an USB connected SSD and put it back in your system if you wanna get rid of apfs.

mmm sometimes my system won't boot (3 out of 5). Then I see a the circle with the diagonal line in it. In verbose it gives an error as :
"Error !!! Load Prelinked Kernel with Status 0x80000000000e" | "Error loading Kernel cache (0xe)".
I think I have a clover driver conflict or so.

These are the drivers in the EFI clover driver64UEFI directory. Any Idea what I'm messing up?

Screen Shot 2018-09-25 at 03.15.31.png

mmm sometimes my system won't boot (3 out of 5). Then I see a the circle with the diagonal line in it. In verbose it gives an error as :
"Error !!! Load Prelinked Kernel with Status 0x80000000000e" | "Error loading Kernel cache (0xe)".
I think I have a clover driver conflict or so.

These are the drivers in the EFI clover driver64UEFI directory. Any Idea what I'm messing up?

View attachment 352482

Delete this one:
Screen Shot 2018-09-25 at 03.15.31.png

Correction, delete these two:
Screen Shot 2018-09-25 at 03.15.312.png

Last edited:
hi @pastrychef. what's your recommendation on upgrading to Mojave with only UHD 630 system? what EFI I should use? Thanks!

hi @pastrychef. what's your recommendation on upgrading to Mojave with only UHD 630 system? what EFI I should use? Thanks!

EFI r4.4.2 should work.

I also recommend having a working EFI installed on a USB flash drive in the case of an emergency.

Need some help. I followed all your instructions.

The components I have
-----------------------------
MB: Asus ROG Strix Z370-I Gaming
CPU: i7 8700K
GPU: Sapphire NITRO Radeon RX580 Special Edition 8G DDR5
RAM: Corsair Vengeance 32GB DDR4 2666MHZ
SSD: Samsung 970 EVO NVMe M.2 1TB SSD
Monitor: Philips Brilliance 32" 4K UHD LED Monitor with UltraColor
-----------------------------

When using UHD630 only (No RX580 installed)
- I can Install High Sierra 10.13.6, but graphic is laggy.
- I can upgrade to Mojave from High Sierra, but there are some weird problems which I don't know how to describe.

When RX580 is installed, I can't install High Sierra 10.13.6, the process will stop midway.
So I install High Sierra and upgrade to Mojave first without graphic card installed. But if I install the RX580 after that, the High Sierra or Mojave can't be started, even I don't connect RX580 to monitor. The only way I can start the OS is to unplug the power cable of Rx580. I am sure the RX580 is no problem because it runs well on Windows.

I tried adding -v to display log in boot, but the log is scrolling too fast and the screen will be turned off very quickly after boot.

I thought Mojave should be no problem with RX580, but it seems to be not ok with my RX580.

Any suggestion? I am not expert in hackintosh, any help will be much appreciated.

Thanks a lot.

Back