Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

Screen Shot 2021-09-13 at 2.17.03 PM.png

Approx half hour and three reboots later...
Screen Shot 2021-09-13 at 2.50.30 PM.png

Hi Pastry,

Sorry about the above non-reply.

Anyway, I upgraded to 11.6 with no problems. However, I can not upgrade to OC 0.7.3 from 0.7.1 successfully. My latest attempt involved using your OpenCore 0.7.3 Z370G. I added in my Rom, and the serial number stuff. Unfortunately when I boot I have no Bluetooth or WIFI, even after I add the 3 Kexts that I had been using: AirportBrcmFixup.kext, BrcmBluetoothInjector.kext, and BrcmPatchRam3.kext. Still no WIFI or Bluetooth. When I remove USBPorts.kext and re-install USBInjectall.kext, the system does not boot.

I guess I'm missing something......any ideas?
Thanks!

Hi Pastry,

Anyway, I upgraded to 11.6 with no problems. However, I can not upgrade to OC 0.7.3 from 0.7.1 successfully. My latest attempt involved using your OpenCore 0.7.3 Z370G. I added in my Rom, and the serial number stuff. Unfortunately when I boot I have no Bluetooth or WIFI, even after I add the 3 Kexts that I had been using: AirportBrcmFixup.kext, BrcmBluetoothInjector.kext, and BrcmPatchRam3.kext. Still no WIFI or Bluetooth. When I remove USBPorts.kext and re-install USBInjectall.kext, the system does not boot.

Thanks!
the system that you have now, that's working (ie .71) - does that have a customized usbports.kext? Are you reusing that when you try the new .73?

You have a different board - an Azrock. Were you able to use .71 packages from PastryChef? What did you need to change then, to make those work, if anything?

Years ago I created a custom usbports.kext. I believe that Pastrychef created the ACPI stuff that I am using.
However, I don't remember if I used his .71 packages.
Thanks

Hi Pastry,

Thanks!

Please post your working 0.7.1 EFI.

Back