Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

Hi there,

I have a problem with USB mapping. After update (11.5.1), the USB 3.0 ports will be not recognize USB 3.0 sticks, only 2.0.

I followed these steps:

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    11.8 MB · Views: 51
  • Bildschirmfoto 2021-08-21 um 18.07.58.png
    Bildschirmfoto 2021-08-21 um 18.07.58.png
    466.8 KB · Views: 34
Hi there,

I have a problem with USB mapping. After update (11.5.1), the USB 3.0 ports will be not recognize USB 3.0 sticks, only 2.0.

I followed these steps:

Try using the USB ports kext in the OpenCore EFI on post #1. Also try clearing NVRAM at the OpenCore Boot Picker.

Try using the USB ports kext in the OpenCore EFI on post #1. Also try clearing NVRAM at the OpenCore Boot Picker.
Edit: ok my fault. now everything works fine. thanks.

Attachments

• Bildschirmfoto 2021-08-22 um 14.20.07.png
    Bildschirmfoto 2021-08-22 um 14.20.07.png
    504 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:
Clover EFI updated to r5139. All kexts updated to latest release versions.

Last edited:
OpenCore EFI updated to 0.7.3. All kexts updated to latest release versions.

DO NOT use your old config.plist!! Copy/paste your SMBIOS info to the included config.plist.

As always, test on USB flash drive before deleting your existing/working EFI.

Is there any way to have multiple OpenCore configs and setups in \EFI\EFI? Something like \EFI\EFI1 and \EFI\EFI2 and \EFI\EFI3, each with different EFI folders, so we can try and select different EFIs with minimal risk?

My issue is I can't seem to remember to just tape a USB stick (honestly, they're $5 now; I'm dumb) to each associated Hack and just leave it untouched forever (or until next month), and it would be so nice to have the ability to just modify the SSD's EFI folder with a few different configurations, with a fallback position if a change made things unbootable.

Is there any way to have multiple OpenCore configs and setups in \EFI\EFI? Something like \EFI\EFI1 and \EFI\EFI2 and \EFI\EFI3, each with different EFI folders, so we can try and select different EFIs with minimal risk?

My issue is I can't seem to remember to just tape a USB stick (honestly, they're $5 now; I'm dumb) to each associated Hack and just leave it untouched forever (or until next month), and it would be so nice to have the ability to just modify the SSD's EFI folder with a few different configurations, with a fallback position if a change made things unbootable.

Not that I'm aware of...

If you have more than one drive installed in your system, you can just put different EFI folders on the EFI partitions of the different drives.

#insertobligatory "Don't forget to include agdpmod=pikera if using Radeon 5000+ graphics" .... like I always do...

Tried - no change. :(

Will delete then reboot it a bit.
The fix for Ethernet that works in Windows but doesn't work on the Mac - rip out networking and have the Mac find it again:

sudo rm /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/NetworkInterfaces.plist
sudo rm /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/preferences.plist

Reboot

<Ethernet is now fixed>

Back