Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

I'm testing this solution (thanks to @Mark Quark post-2387324) for the next macOS updates, without using RestrictEvents.kext and revpatch=sbvmm boot arg.
For your normal use set your EFI with SecureBootModel=Default or j137 for iMac Pro 1,1 and the SIP to csr-active-config=00080000 (SIP Enabled). Works if you only use the WIFI patch from OCLP.
Sonoma will recognize and install the incremental update (according to your automatic system update settings).
So when you have a macos update:

1. Run (Update) OCLP and Revert Root Patches.
2. Start the Sonoma update.
3. When the update is complete, set SecureBootModel=Disabled and the SIP to csr-active-config=03080000
4. Reboot
5. After restarting, change SecureBootModel=Default or j137 for iMac Pro 1,1 and csr-active-config=00080000 , run OCLP and Start Root Patching.
6. Reboot
7. Done

Currently my EFI is set SecureBootModel=j137 (for iMac Pro 1.1) and csr-active-config=00080000 (SIP enabled) and the system runs... seems error-free.

Ever since I started using OCLP Wi-Fi fix on my laptop and HP EliteDesk 800 G4 DM, I have just been downloading the full macOS installers from Terminal and using that to update.

If I am understanding correctly:

1. Get the normal PC / Snoopy69 EFI and modify it to suit with SMBIOS, serials, etc. as per the norm for the past few years. Overall recommendation is (I'm asking here...) iMacPro1.1 now, or MacPro7,1? I think I've seen both.
2. Then, once that's all settled and the machine is bootable and works well, in order to get Wifi working, run OCLP vLatest (as of today, 1.2.1), targeting that machine's SMBIOS (there's a setting in OCLP for same machine while you're building the EFI modifications), allow OCLP to update your boot EFI (which targets ...err...the boot EFI), and then allow OCLP to update your root patches (which targets the OS partition). Reboot, and WiFi should work.

Is that all that's required? Is that middle step (modifying the EFI) required, or has that part essentially already done with the existing EFI that is provided?

Personally, I would still use iMacPro1,1.

Just a question: are the original BIOS settings (in post #1) still accurate? If we update to the current, latest 3005, I think some options have changed; is there wisdom in posting a super quick vLatest summary with 3005 so everyone's on exactly the same page?

Yes. They should be fine.

I did a clone of my drive and executed the installer from macOS. The problem is that I can't complete the installation because I can't reboot, my old Monterey EFI doesn't boot or any of the new ones.
Thanks for the help, I'll keep looking for things to tweak.

What do you mean can't reboot? Have you tried clearing NVRAM at the OpenCore boot picker?

Ever since I started using OCLP Wi-Fi fix on my laptop and HP EliteDesk 800 G4 DM, I have just been downloading the full macOS installers from Terminal and using that to update.

Yes, with Sonoma so far I've done the same, I download the full updates and download them when I see them offered on tonymacx86 I would therefore like to go back to seeing the updates as I had them with Ventura, exactly on the Dock bar. With SIP disabled this is not possible.
I'm testing that once you install patches with OCLP you can re-enable SIP and set SecureBootModel to default or specify your model hack. My Mac is set to SIP enabled and WiFi is also working properly, this change should allow me to see updates in the Dock bar when they are published. In my automatic system update settings I have disabled automatic downloads, so that I will have to do it manually, in turn, before downloading the update I will remove the OCLP patches which will ensure that only the incremental update will be downloaded and not the full update .

Yes, with Sonoma so far I've done the same, I download the full updates and download them when I see them offered on tonymacx86 I would therefore like to go back to seeing the updates as I had them with Ventura, exactly on the Dock bar. With SIP disabled this is not possible.
I'm testing that once you install patches with OCLP you can re-enable SIP and set SecureBootModel to default or specify your model hack. My Mac is set to SIP enabled and WiFi is also working properly, this change should allow me to see updates in the Dock bar when they are published. In my automatic system update settings I have disabled automatic downloads, so that I will have to do it manually, in turn, before downloading the update I will remove the OCLP patches which will ensure that only the incremental update will be downloaded and not the full update .

The down side of this is that you would have to re-disable SIP and SecureBootModel after the update to fix Wi-Fi again.

To keep things as simple as possible, I keep SIP and SecureBootModel disabled and use the full installers to update.

The down side of this is that you would have to re-disable SIP and SecureBootModel after the update to fix Wi-Fi again.

To keep things as simple as possible, I keep SIP and SecureBootModel disabled and use the full installers to update.
I will certainly be forced to do this, but the operation should be quick and cause little pain. You could also do this with a thumb drive with SIP disabled.

I will certainly be forced to do this, but the operation should be quick and cause little pain. You could also do this with a thumb drive with SIP disabled.

If you want to simplify it, put both of your EFI folders on USB flash drives and just swap USB flash drives when you need to do an update.

EFI updated to OpenCore 0.9.6
Attached are two different EFI for those with Ventura and the other for Sonoma.
Enable VT-d.
...to replace with your own USBPorts.kext , SMBIOS, Mac address, Device Properties (GPU Injection).
If you are in Sonoma, before updating use OCLP to restore the roots patches and once macOS is updated, apply the patches again.
macOS 14.1.1 Update, took ~20 minutes.
Thank you! Worked like a charm after updating from Monterey. Only thing my FW Audio Interface broke after Update; But after uninstalling Drivers, disabling SIP and re-installing Drivers for Audio Interface, now everything works again!

EFI updated to OpenCore 0.9.6
Attached are two different EFI for those with Ventura and the other for Sonoma.
Enable VT-d.
...to replace with your own USBPorts.kext , SMBIOS, Mac address, Device Properties (GPU Injection).
If you are in Sonoma, before updating use OCLP to restore the roots patches and once macOS is updated, apply the patches again.
macOS 14.1.1 Update, took ~20 minutes.
Just 2 questions! In the 0.9.3 config DisableIOMapper was set to false, now it's true. What's the right setting with VT-d enabled in BIOS? System started with both Settings.
And in OC Configurator in UEFI/AppleInput - AppleEvent is now set to BuiltIn and GraphicsInputMirroring - true, instead of AppleEvent - Auto and GraphicsInputMirroring - false which was set in the OC 0.9.3 EFI!? Boots with both settings.

THX

Just 2 questions! In the 0.9.3 config DisableIOMapper was set to false, now it's true. What's the right setting with VT-d enabled in BIOS? System started with both Settings.
And in OC Configurator in UEFI/AppleInput - AppleEvent is now set to BuiltIn and GraphicsInputMirroring - true, instead of AppleEvent - Auto and GraphicsInputMirroring - false which was set in the OC 0.9.3 EFI!? Boots with both settings.

THX
Everything is correct. The latest versions of OC have had minor changes.

Back