Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

Wow! Thank you very much for the explanation! As you said, the configuration of my hardware has not change and I was planning to buy a new SSD anyway.It seems quite easy, so I´ll give it a try. I should´nt have any problem. I will keep you informed about my rpogress.

Thanks again!

My pleasure.

Be aware that some SSDs will cause a slow boot condition with newer versions of macOS.

Please see the following thread:

Maybe try with XMP disabled and multi-core enhancement disabled.
thank you for the given hint, after long time on memtest86 i found out that there was some issue with the ram.
After removing the modules and cleaning the contacts and the dimm socket, now seems to be alright.

Hi pastrychef,
would you already recommend to upgrade / install to Sonoma? Would it be the same way you described below?

I don't know if I want to "recommend" upgrading to Sonoma. Applying the current Wi-Fi fix means the System folder which is normally protected by SIP will be altered. The install will no longer be "vanilla".

Also, I do not know how upgrades will go with the OCLP patches in place.

That being said, I've upgraded my laptop and HP EliteDesk Minis to Sonoma and all seems to be fine, so far...

It's up to you if you want to take the plunge...

Or one can just use Intel WiFi (common on newer boards) or can just skip wifi altogether, for a simpler Sonoma experience.

Or one can just use Intel WiFi (common on newer boards) or can just skip wifi altogether, for a simpler Sonoma experience.

But you lose all the location services stuff and continuity. The small things that help make a Mac a Mac...

Hi pastrychef,
would you already recommend to upgrade / install to Sonoma? Would it be the same way you described below?
If you want to upgrade to Sonoma and keep your wifi working you can use this EFI. Remember to replace with your own USBPorts.kext , SMBIOS, Mac address, Device Properties (GPU Injection).
Then follow the steps as described by @pastrychef
  1. Update to Sonoma
  2. Reboot and clear NVRAM.
  3. Launch OCLP and apply patch.
  4. Reboot.
  5. Done.
  6. Goodbye vanilla.

Attachments

• EFI Sonoma OpenCore 0.9.5 Z370G.zip
    17.1 MB · Views: 26
Last edited:
To be save I've installed Sonoma to a new drive with my original OC 0.95 config, than restore from time machine backup. It runs as expected. All programs running fine, Bluetooth is working. Only WLAN is currently disabled, so need to follow the steps from snoopy69.

Hi, I am (still) on macOS Monterey (12.6.1) - I am happy with Monterey for now - not considering to update to Sonoma. I would like to update to Monterey 12.7 though. If I check for Software updates I only see macOS Sonoma, there's no other option (to update from 12.6.1. to 12.7) - I do not know the reason. I was able to find and download the 'full' 12.7 installer package (InstallAssistant-12.7.pkg, 12,4GB), but I was not able to download an "updater' package - I guess Apple does not publish such anymore.
My question is: can I run the InstallAssistant-12.7.pkg to complete an update from 12.6.1 to 12.7 - or - do I need to reinstall the entire system from scratch if I start the update (running it from 12.6.1 - not from bootable usb)?
Many thanks!

Attachments

• macOS12.6.1-12.7.png
    macOS12.6.1-12.7.png
    259.2 KB · Views: 25
Back