Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

Well I knew it was something dumb, the double EFI folder... It ended up booting into the Opencore Boot Picker, and now it's up and running! Thank you for your help.

Now I have a seperate problem. The info on the computer is giving the wrong specs, is that potentially a Bios thing? Current Specs are 4 gskilltridentz 16gb 3200mhz, and an Intel Intel Core i7-8700K. Maybe it's a smbios thing?

I think the CPU thing is just cosmetic. I've never tried to fix this... Try searching around the forum, others have successfully fixed it.

The RAM should read correctly. Make sure that you have XMP enabled in BIOS.

Okay that's great news, thanks again for your help.

Maybe it's just me but the latest 0.8.9 EFI has UEFI->Input->KeySupport disabled, which means USB Keyboard and mouse doesn't work.

Your keyboard doesn't work? config.plist > UEFI > Input > KeySupport=Enabled should get it working.

Input locked again. Mouse moves, Magic TrackPad active as well, but no input is possible (from both keyboard and mouse) and the UI is not responding.
Computer is ping'able on the network, also ssh works and shares mountable on another computer but no screen share possible!

@pastrychef, any suggestion for anything I might try before I reboot it?

Last edited:
Input locked again. Mouse moves, magic trackpad active as well, but no input is possible (from both keyboard and mouse) and the UI is not responding.
computer is ping'able on the network, also ssh works and shares mountable on another computer but no screen share possible!

@pastrychef, any suggestion for anything I might try before I reboot it?

I don't know what can cause that...

Happens absolutely sporadically.

Any recommendation for a native GPU ($150-200 range) to plug into this build to get it updated to latest operating system? Was using OG nvidia card and still stuck on old OS.

Thanks in advance!

Any recommendation for a native GPU ($150-200 range) to plug into this build to get it updated to latest operating system? Was using OG nvidia card and still stuck on old OS.

Thanks in advance!
AMD 570, 580 will get you started. 5500 and 5700 are a step up. A 5700 can easily be bought in that range.

Thanks in advance!

It's a bit over your $200 limit, but I think this is a really good deal for one of the latest cards that macOS supports...

It's pretty much plug-n-play with Ventura. Just need to add the "agdpmod=pikera" boot-arg.

Screenshot 2023-03-04 at 8.20.36 AM.png

Back