Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

I did both of these, reset my bios to default then reset all the stats back to the original posting, and held f11 until it was apparent that the nvram was reset.

At the OpenCore Boot Picker, use the arrow keys on your keyboard to get to Reset NVRAM.

Maybe the probem lies in the fact that my old OS used clover so after the bios it loads to the clover screen that lets me pick where I want to boot from hence the f11. I'm using a USB boot from that menu that has opencore configurator and ventura. Is that a problem?

Maybe the probem lies in the fact that my old OS used clover so after the bios it loads to the clover screen that lets me pick where I want to boot from hence the f11. I'm using a USB boot from that menu that has opencore configurator and ventura. Is that a problem?

Don't boot from Clover at all.
Put the OpenCore EFI on the EFI partition of your USB flash drive.
Spam the F8 key when you power up your computer.
Select the USB flash drive.

the open core efi is on the efi of the usb flash, but i haven't tried by-passing the clover menu. I'll try that now.

Same error

Attachments

• IMG_9477.jpg
    IMG_9477.jpg
    819.1 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_9478.jpg
    IMG_9478.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 20
  • IMG_9479.jpg
    IMG_9479.jpg
    779.3 KB · Views: 19
I'm using the boot drive that has open core on it from bios, but it just errors and then goes to the clover page, i'm sure i'm doing something wrong.

Here are screen shots of my boot usb and the efi volume contained within if that helps

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2023-02-21 at 2.28.21 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-02-21 at 2.28.21 AM.png
    583.3 KB · Views: 28
  • Screen Shot 2023-02-21 at 2.27.58 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-02-21 at 2.27.58 AM.png
    862.6 KB · Views: 23
Same error

Boot from the USB flash drive.
When you get to the OpenCore Boot Picker, use the arrow keys to select the macOS Installer or your macOS drive. Do not select the EFI partition where Clover resides.

Here are screen shots of my boot usb and the efi volume contained within if that helps
your EFI partition should just have the one EFI folder

Back