Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

What kind of Wi-Fi card are you using? Which slot is it plugged in to?

Both very good questions, haha. Sorry, I should’ve said.

BCM94360C2, in the original wifi slot (m.2?)

It has been working absolutely fine, and continues to do so until… it stops for some reason. I haven’t had time to diagnose what breaks it. I’ve briefly tried sleeping the machine to test and it came back fine, but I could have been lucky that time?

Both very good questions, haha. Sorry, I should’ve said.

BCM94360C2, in the original wifi slot (m.2?)

It has been working absolutely fine, and continues to do so until… it stops for some reason. I haven’t had time to diagnose what breaks it. I’ve briefly tried sleeping the machine to test and it came back fine, but I could have been lucky that time?

Hmm... I have the same setup and have not experienced any problem... The BCM94360CS2 is probably the most compatible card a hackintosh user can use.

Hmm... I have the same setup and have not experienced any problem... The BCM94360CS2 is probably the most compatible card a hackintosh user can use.

Indeed, which is why I went this route and also why I am confused why it is breaking randomly only to be fixed with a cold restart.

I will update if I figure it out, if anyone has any ideas please chime in :)

Thanks!

@pastrychef

Are you on Monterey on your system now? I updated today (also OC to your latest upload), and BT does not work anymore :-/
Any brilliant ideas? :)

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-12-08 at 20.01.09.png
    Screenshot 2021-12-08 at 20.01.09.png
    405 KB · Views: 27
  • Screenshot 2021-12-08 at 20.01.15.png
    Screenshot 2021-12-08 at 20.01.15.png
    144.9 KB · Views: 33
@pastrychef

Are you on Monterey on your system now? I updated today (also OC to your latest upload), and BT does not work anymore :-/
Any brilliant ideas? :)

What Wi-Fi/Bluetooth card are you using?

What Wi-Fi/Bluetooth card are you using?
I decided to kill Monterey and go back to Big Sur instead

And regarding "if it ain't broke". Will I notice any difference if I upgrade to the latest version of OC? I'm on 0.65ish now if I recall correctly.

Thanks!

@pastrychef Have you tried Monterey on your system?

Hi, I tried to install Monterey on my system using the EFI OC 0.7.6 from post one (added my System Serial, UUID, Board serial, MAC address). Created a pendrive using the createinstallmedia process to create a bootable pendrive and then used EFI configurator to replace the EFI on the pendrive. In the BIOS selected the pendrive to boot from but unfortunately I had no success (returned to the BIOS). I also tried to selecting the "Disabled" SecureBootOption as presented on a screenshot. Initially my "Scan Policy" entry was 0, and I tried to enter here the 17760515 value (as visible on several shots in this post) - no success. If you have any suggestion what else i could try to "test" the bootable pendrive / to make it work pls let me know. Many thanks!

Back