Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

OK. Thanks. As you suggested, before I try to go Mojave, I'll first try to clean my previous install. I do appreciate your patience. If not ,I have an empty SSD where I could do a fresh install and just use your EFI. I have SSD HDD docking bay on my case which I could use for that.

Doing a backup at the moment

1- I hope WEG will work because I use 3-4 screens and it used to work with the 1080.
2- Meaning...remove PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1F,0x3) or PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x2,0x0) OR jut device ID 12590000 from PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x2,0x0)
3- Done
4- especially for SLE any way to determine which are Hackintosh Kexts and which are not (Hackingtools or other means)
5- Clover already at 5112 with all critical Kexts (lilu ,WEG, USBinectall, ALC, at their latest version.

Remove PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x2,0x0).

If you enable SIP, unsigned kexts in /System/Library/Extensions/ and /Library/Extensions/ won't work. So, just enable SIP.

The kexts I have in /L/E/ folder, I've tagged in red those i suspect to be hackintosh kexts. Should I also uninstall CUDA drivers and NVIDIA drivers...

The two you tagged are definitely hackintosh kexts.

I don't know if CIJUSBLoad and BJUSBLoad are but they "look" kind of suspect...

Hello @pastrychef, I've been quietly following this build for years. I recently bought the BCM94360CS2 & M.2 adaptor in Post #1 and installed it according to post #40. Wi-fi is working, but bluetooth isn't? However, it is being by System Info. I believe I've done the USB fix correctly (I'm using the USBPorts.kext made by Hackintool, not the SSDT). Any help would be great! I've included my Opencore EFI and some screenshots. Thank you!

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    4.8 MB · Views: 57
  • Screen Shot 2020-04-27 at 9.04.21 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-04-27 at 9.04.21 PM.png
    797.5 KB · Views: 34
  • Screen Shot 2020-04-27 at 9.04.39 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-04-27 at 9.04.39 PM.png
    912.7 KB · Views: 51
Hello @pastrychef, I've been quietly following this build for years. I recently bought the BCM94360CS2 & M.2 adaptor in Post #1 and installed it according to post #40. Wi-fi is working, but bluetooth isn't? However, it is being by System Info. I believe I've done the USB fix correctly (I'm using the USBPorts.kext made by Hackintool, not the SSDT). Any help would be great! I've included my Opencore EFI and some screenshots. Thank you!

Everything appears correct to me. If you see the Bluetooth in System Information and System Preferences, it should be working.

What isn't working? Did you connect the antenna headers correctly to the BCM94360CS2?

Everything appears correct to me. If you see the Bluetooth in System Information and System Preferences, it should be working.

What isn't working? Did you connect the antenna headers correctly to the BCM94360CS2?
Yes, the two antenna headers are connected. I can't get AirDrop to work/show up as a device on my iPad, nor are any other Bluetooth devices showing up in Preferences.

EDIT: i was able to connect my MX Master mouse but it's very laggy and disconnects every after seconds. Other devices are still not showing up. Simply trying to Airdrop a file from my Hackintosh to my Macbook Air isn't working.

Last edited:
Yes, the two antenna headers are connected. I can't get AirDrop to work/show up as a device on my iPad, nor are any other Bluetooth devices showing up in Preferences.

EDIT: i was able to connect my MX Master mouse but it's very laggy and disconnects every after seconds. Other devices are still not showing up. Simply trying to Airdrop a file from my Hackintosh to my Macbook Air isn't working.

Ah. So the card is working, but you are having reception problems...

Try disabling Wi-Fi or use only 5GHz Wi-Fi to see if it helps. 2.4GHz Wi-Fi can severely disrupt Bluetooth reception.

At the beginning of 2019 I installed a system with Mojave. Everything worked without problems. A few days ago I wanted to switch to Catalina. The first way through the upgrade function of MacOS failed. Each restart stopped at the start screen with the Apple logo and loading bar at about 80%. Then nothing else happened.
I have now decided to set up the system from scratch with Catalina. The settings in the BIOS correspond to the specifications at the beginning of this thread. I created the bootstick via Unibeast. Then I installed Clover r5114 and copied the EFI folder from Post 1 onto the stick. The stick boots and the installation begins. But here the same: the process stopped with the Apple logo and loading bar at approx. 90%. Then nothing happens.
Unfortunately I can't get any further at this point. Any idea what am I doing wrong here?

I've just updated to the latest EFI Clover folder, and now the boot progress bar takes ages to load. (It's about 30 minutes and so far I'm still missing few pixels from being 100%.) In addition to that, the Apple and the progress bar are now covered by some verbose logging window (with the last line of the output there being lots of ++++++++ chars).
What am I doing wrong?

At the beginning of 2019 I installed a system with Mojave. Everything worked without problems. A few days ago I wanted to switch to Catalina. The first way through the upgrade function of MacOS failed. Each restart stopped at the start screen with the Apple logo and loading bar at about 80%. Then nothing else happened.
I have now decided to set up the system from scratch with Catalina. The settings in the BIOS correspond to the specifications at the beginning of this thread. I created the bootstick via Unibeast. Then I installed Clover r5114 and copied the EFI folder from Post 1 onto the stick. The stick boots and the installation begins. But here the same: the process stopped with the Apple logo and loading bar at approx. 90%. Then nothing happens.
Unfortunately I can't get any further at this point. Any idea what am I doing wrong here?

Please boot in verbose mode and post a picture of where it stops.

I've just updated to the latest EFI Clover folder and now the boot progress bar takes ages to load (It's about 30 minutes and so far I'm still missing few pixels from being 100%) and in addition to that the apple and the progress bar are now covered by some verbose logging window (with the last line of the output there being lots of ++++++++ chars).
What am I doing wrong?

Try removing -vsmcbeta boot argument if you don't want to see the text.

Please boot in verbose mode and post a picture of where it's stalling.

Back