Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

I'm not ready to do any kind of beta installation as I need to get together a clone disk first. But if you are going to do it I will be waiting your news. Thanks!
Good news! 10.15.2 beta 1 fixed my crashing issue. But the black video on Netflix is still there. I just needed to turn off monitor on and off small compared to the crashing.

I can also confirm that the installer video glitch is fixed with the 5700 XT.

IMG_0516.jpg

Last edited:
good news 10.15.2 beta 1 fixed my crashing issue but the black video on Netflix is still there just need to turn off monitor on and off small compared to the crashing

can also confirm that the installer video glitch is fixed with the 5700xtView attachment 434938
Thanks for the info! That black screen problem is only with iMacPro1,1 or does it happens with any SMBIOS?

Thanks for the info! That black screen problem is only with iMacPro1,1 or does it happens with any SMBIOS?
I haven’t tried any other smbios but on hdmi theres no black screen

I haven’t tried any other smbios but on hdmi theres no black screen
Out of curiosity I've tried iMacPro1,1 with Catalina 10.15.1 on 5700 with iGPU disabled BUT using HDMI but I still get the freeze when coming back from sleep.

EDIT: Maybe I miss understand you and the HDMI connection only fixes the DRM problem?

Last edited:
Out of curiosity I've tried iMacPro1,1 with Catalina 10.15.1 on 5700 with iGPU disabled BUT using HDMI but I still get the freeze when coming back from sleep.

EDIT: Maybe I miss understand you and the HDMI connection only fixes the DRM problem?

I think mastergrillo is on Catalina 10.15.2 beta 1.

I think mastergrillo is on Catalina 10.15.2 beta 1.
Yes, but I understood that before he installed the beta and was on 10.15.1 he was also having same problem. I'm guessing he meant the HDMI fix is for the DRM and not for the freeze thing.

BTW @pastrychef, there's a new Clover configurator update that comes with the new MacPro SMBIOS :O

Hi pastrychef,

I downloaded your EFI.zip and notice that you have these 2 kexts
SATA-200-series-unsupported.kext
XHCI-200-series-injector.kext

Wondering why you have 200 series kexts for a 300 series board?

PCI Device 8086,a282 (on Z370-G) means "200 Series PCH SATA controller [AHCI mode]"

PCI Device for 300 Series SATA is: 8086,a353 or 8086,9dd3

Yes, but I understood that before he installed the beta and was on 10.15.1 he was also having same problem. I'm guessing he meant the HDMI fix is for the DRM and not for the freeze thing.

BTW @pastrychef, there's a new Clover Configurator update that comes with the new MacPro SMBIOS :O
Sorry. Yes, I meant the DRM is fixed with HDMI.

Configured my Hackintosh as the new Mac Pro (SMBIOS included in Clover) and I found this on About my Mac!

Screenshot 2019-11-08 at 15.56.30.png
Screenshot 2019-11-08 at 15.56.33.png
Screenshot 2019-11-08 at 15.59.04.png

A big thanks to Pastrychef and a lot of others at this build thread. I have now managed to get my hackintosh up and running on Catalina. It was a strange trip with graphic glitches during the install but I managed to install using tab space :p now everything (almost) flows great! The one issue I have is my Logitech unifier dongle for my Logitech craft and M720 triathlon. Now and then they loose connection for a while and then connect again. Mostly it works flawlessly but it happens now and then. I have mapped my USB ports as mentioned before in this thread. I will attach my EFI if any1 wants to have a look. Thanks again!

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    28.7 MB · Views: 57
Back