Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

Make sure config.plist > System Parameters > Inject Kexts = Yes
I thought that might be the case but I checked and Kexts are injected. Very curious. I'll research more and respond if I find out anything valuable. Thanks

I don't use headphones... If you are getting distortion, you can try other audio device-ids that work with ALC1220.

Please see the following list:
Thanks, I will try different options :)
One more question. You don't know whether the BCM94360 bluetooth module will work through the m2 adapter?
Thisis adapter m2:
m2 adapter
Do I need a separate USB cable for this adapter?

Thanks, I will try different options :)
One more question. You don't know whether the BCM94360 bluetooth module will work through the m2 adapter?
Thisis adapter m2:
m2 adapter
Do I need a separate USB cable for this adapter?

The Bluetooth should be OOB compatible. The only thing that could prevent it from working is incorrect USB configuration.

The Bluetooth should be OOB compatible. The only thing that could prevent it from working is incorrect USB configuration.

I have problems with a Bluetooth. About once a day, I have a Bluetooth crash (disconnect). It helps to disconnect the cable and turn it on.
I am using a PCIE x4 adapter and an internal USB cable.
Perhaps the M.2 adapter will help to remove the cause? or is it money down the drain?

I have problems with a Bluetooth. About once a day, I have a Bluetooth crash (disconnect). It helps to disconnect the cable and turn it on.
I am using a PCIE x4 adapter and an internal USB cable.
Perhaps the M.2 adapter will help to remove the cause? or is it money down the drain?

Do you have your USB ports configured correctly?
Are you using 2.4GHz Wi-Fi?

*** If you wish to use iMacPro1,1 system definition, simply change it in the SMBIOS section of config.plist along with new Board Serial Number, Serial Number, and UUID. No other change is needed. Be aware that iMacPro1,1 requires special builds of macOS. As of macOS 10.13.4, there is no longer special builds of macOS for iMacPro1,1. The builds have been unified.
Hello @pastrychef. I'm preparing my USB installer for tomorrow when all the parts are arriving, pretty excited about it!. Anyway, I'm editing the config.plist as follows:

- Changing SMBIOS to iMacPro1,1. Here's an example to show you (no worries about serial, etc I will generate a new one). However I remember seeing on @CaseySJ guide that you also had tick on "Trust" checkmark, copy Board serial number and go to Rt Variables, paste it on MBL textfield and then also set CsrActiveConfig to 0x67. I'm guessing based on your instructions that this is not required on Z370?
Screenshot 2019-11-05 at 16.11.35.png

- I've also went ahead and added the ACPI path discussed here https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/fix-for-boot-hangs-after-bios-update-acpi-patch.275091/ just in case I need it. I will leave it disabled but if I can't boot I will enable it as see how it goes.

- On ACPI > patched there's this "ssdt-usbx.aml" that inject power on USB that I'm guessing I should remove it because I'm going to use an Asus Prime Z370-A II so it's not same board.

- After this my (well, yours :D) EFI should be ready and I would only need to install and create the USB map (if everything goes well). Do you think I'm missing something?. It's been months of research and everything is coming to an end to finally install this!

Huuuuuge thanks <3

Hello @pastrychef. I'm preparing my USB installer for tomorrow when all the parts are arriving, pretty excited about it!. Anyway, I'm editing the config.plist as follows:

- Changing SMBIOS to iMacPro1,1. Here's an example to show you (no worries about serial, etc I will generate a new one). However I remember seeing on @CaseySJ guide that you also had tick on "Trust" checkmark, copy Board serial number and go to Rt Variables, paste it on MBL textfield and then also set CsrActiveConfig to 0x67. I'm guessing based on your instructions that this is not required on Z370?
View attachment 434574

No. You don't need to mess with the config.plist. Just set to iMacPro1,1 and let it generate serials and you're done. Don't do all that other stuff.

You only need to change CsrActiveConfig to 0x67 if you want to lower the macOS security.

- I've also went ahead and added the ACPI path discussed here https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/fix-for-boot-hangs-after-bios-update-acpi-patch.275091/ just in case I need it. I will leave it disabled but if I can't boot I will enable it as see how it goes.

I don't think Asus motherboards need that. You can enable it if you like, it shouldn't cause any harm.

- On ACPI > patched there's this "ssdt-usbx.aml" that inject power on USB that I'm guessing I should remove it because I'm going to use an Asus Prime Z370-A II so it's not same board.

Leave that there. It will work for your motherboard.

- After this my (well, yours :D) EFI should be ready and I would only need to install and create the USB map (if everything goes well). Do you think I'm missing something?. It's been months of research and everything is coming to an end to finally install this!

Huuuuuge thanks <3

Don't overthink things. Just set to iMacPro1,1 and go. You don't have to do most of this stuff.

iMessage fix:While you are in the SMBIOS section, you should also generate Serial Number and UUID to get iMessage working. Follow An Idiot's Guide To iMessage to get it all working.*Note: Regardless of whether you use iMessage or not, the guide should be followed to implement clean Board Serial Number, Serial Number, and UUID. Not having this setup can be cause for things like Bluetooth issues. Do not report problems unless you have done this.
I was re-reading the guide and the part to get iMessage working links to a guide that mostly says to do what I posted in my previous message. Quoting it below
tick on "Trust" checkmark, copy Board serial number and go to Rt Variables, paste it on MBL textfield and then also set CsrActiveConfig to 0x67
Is this deprecated now or why is still in this guide if we shouldn't do it?

Thanks!

I was re-reading the guide and the part to get iMessage working links to a guide that mostly says to do what I posted in my previous message. Quoting it below

Is this deprecated now or why is still in this guide if we shouldn't do it?

Thanks!

The Trust thing is related to RAM. It has nothing to do with the identity of your system in relation to Messages. It's only needed if your RAM is identified incorrectly.

Please see the Clover Wiki:

You do not need to enter anything in to config.plist > Rt Variables > MLB. Here's what the Idiot's Guide says:

Screen Shot 2019-11-05 at 3.56.16 PM.png

The EFI is ready to go. All you need to do is change to iMacPro1,1 and generate Serial, Board Serial, UUID.

The Trust thing is related to RAM. It has nothing to do with the identity of your system in relation to Messages. It's only needed if your RAM is identified incorrectly.

Please see the Clover Wiki:

You do not need to enter anything in to config.plist > Rt Variables > MLB. Here's what the Idiot's Guide says:

View attachment 434615

The EFI is ready to go. All you need to do is change to iMacPro1,1 and generate Serial, Board Serial, UUID.
True, I read that part! but still says about setting the CsrActiveConfig. Anyway if it's ready then perfect! Just wanted to re-read all the guide and see if there's something I was missing. Thanks once again <3

Back