Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

Yes. On my motherboard, it's RP05. If you look in the second link, you will find a good explanation. I think you should try following those directions. It should work for you.

I have read though the second link previously when it first popped up on the forums. However, I have never tried to implement it in that fashion. I am going to wait till the Alpine Ridge shows up and see what happens. I just wanted to know if you did something different then elsewhere or discovered something.

I have read though the second link previously when it first popped up on the forums. However, I have never tried to implement it in that fashion. I am going to wait till the Alpine Ridge shows up and see what happens. I just wanted to know if you did something different then elsewhere or discovered something.

No, I didn't do anything special or different. It was my first time with any Thunderbolt device, and I just followed what others had done.

Hello
Do you guys have problems with sound if you connect headphones to the front panel?
my sound is distorted = (

I don't use headphones... If you are getting distortion, you can try other audio device-ids that work with ALC1220.

Please see the following list:

No, I didn't do anything special or different. It was my first time with any Thunderbolt device and I just followed what others had done...

seems like a good number of people have it working on RP05 I wonder if the RP21 where I have to install my TB3 card has anything to do with it.

seems like a good number of people have it working on RP05 I wonder if the RP21 where I have to install my TB3 card has anything to do with it.

I really don't know... My experience and knowledge regarding Thunderbolt is next to nil...

I really don't know... My experience and knowledge regarding Thunderbolt is next to nil...

My experience is it does not work for me. lol! My knowledge is I have read everything I can find, but I am unable to implement it in a working fashion. :( Hopefully, the older Alpine Rdge card will produce desirable results.

I have no idea what ArcMSR.kext or hp_io_enabler_compound.kext are...

Definitely get rid of NullCPUPowerManagement.kext. As the name suggests, it just kills power management.

Your EFI folder seems to contain all the kexts you need except for the FakeSMC sensors. May as well just copy them to the EFI and get rid of all the hackintosh kexts from /Library/Extensions/.
Thank you for the help. I moved the FakeSMC kexts, AppleIntelE1000e,IntelMausi, Lilu, NullCPU and USBInjectAll kexts. Everything seemed OK until I checkedUSB ports with Hacintool and all the ports showed in the list. My USB port patch seemed not to be working. I used Hacintool to remake the port patch and installed it. All ports showed in Hacintool. I decided to put the USBInjectAll.kext back into Library/Extensions, rebooted and Hacintool reports the port patch is working properly. Any idea why this would be so?
Another comment... I could not put USBInjectAll.kext back into L/E with Kextbeast. It only ave S/L/E as a destination. I used Terminal .....sudo cp -R USBInjectAll.kext /Library/Extensions and rebuilt cache. Any idea why this would be so?

Thank you for the help. I moved the FakeSMC kexts, AppleIntelE1000e,IntelMausi, Lilu, NullCPU and USBInjectAll kexts. Everything seemed OK until I checkedUSB ports with Hacintool and all the ports showed in the list. My USB port patch seemed not to be working. I used Hacintool to remake the port patch and installed it. All ports showed in Hacintool. I decided to put the USBInjectAll.kext back into Library/Extensions, rebooted and Hacintool reports the port patch is working properly. Any idea why this would be so?
Another comment... I could not put USBInjectAll.kext back into L/E with Kextbeast. It only ave S/L/E as a destination. I used Terminal .....sudo cp -R USBInjectAll.kext /Library/Extensions and rebuilt cache. Any idea why this would be so?

You don't need AppleIntelE1000e or NullCPUPowerManagement. Delete those two forever.

If you are using the SSDT-UIAC.aml, you will still need USBInjectAll. This has always been true.

Don't bother keeping any hackintosh kexts in /Library/Extensions/. Just put it in to your EFI folder and let Clover inject them. Never put hackintosh kexts in to /System/Library/Extensions/.

On Catalina, those are all on a read-only partition. Just keep your kexts in EFI and you don't have to deal with that headache.

I understood that I still needed USBInjectAll. But it was installed in Clover/Kexts/Other/ folder, and I had the problem. Hacintool enumerated all USB ports, as if the patch was not working. Only when I put the kext back into /L/E/ folder did the patch work properly. Could there be a problem with the USBInjectAll.kext that was in Clover/kexts/other?

I understood that I still needed USBInjectAll. But it was installed in Clover/Kexts/Other/ folder, and I had the problem. Hacintool enumerated all USB ports, as if the patch was not working. Only when I put the kext back into /L/E/ folder did the patch work properly. Could there be a problem with the USBInjectAll.kext that was in Clover/kexts/other?

Make sure config.plist > System Parameters > Inject Kexts = Yes

Back