Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

Ty will try this (even if Im pretty sure I've already have). Starting from zero again with a new installer and will se how that goes. So to be clear, this happens during booting of installer from usb, atm I have no working installation.

I haven't seen any reports from people trying to do a clean install with a 5700 XT. All the 5700 XT users already had macOS installed.

There's still a lot that's unknown about 5700 XT + macOS. Driver support was just added days ago...

Alright! I've finally pulled the trigger and I'll cross fingers that I'm able to make it run correctly. Here's the components:

- Motherboard: Asus Prime Z370-A II (because I need the Thunderbolt 3 header)
- CPU: i9-9900k
- RAM: 2x16GB 3200mhz HyperX Predator
- GPU: Sapphire RX 5700 8GB GDDR6
- SSD: 2x Sabrent Rocket 1TB (one for backup)
- Cooler: Bequiet Dark Rock 4 Pro
- Thunderbolt: Gigabyte Titan Ridge

So thankful for all your work and the help you @pastrychef and many other users share. I'm planning on use your EFI folders after I do my own USB mapping, of course.

Last edited:
In another thread you mentioned you had TB3 working with Hot Plug. What SSDT did you use? I have not ever seemed to be able to get hot plug to work at least not with the few devices that I have.

I used the one from KPG and just changed the PCI locations.

Here's another thread that should help you:

Last edited:
I used the one from KPG and just changed the PCI locations.

Do you mean RP05 --> RPxx ? Or do you mean Slot-2 to where ever you put it? or both?

The Titan Ridge card I have only populates in the BIOS when it is in the last slot, that is slot-6 I am guessing and is RP21. I am not sure if I ever tried this SSDT or not. I also ordered an Alpine Ridge to see if I have better luck with it. I got a used one for free with some Amazon points I had from business purchase.

Do you mean RP05 --> RPxx ? Or do you mean Slot-2 to where ever you put it? or both?

The Titan Ridge card I have only populates in the BIOS when it is in the last slot, that is slot-6 I am guessing and is RP21. I am not sure if I ever tried this SSDT or not. I also ordered an Alpine Ridge to see if I have better luck with it. I got a used one for free with some Amazon points I had from business purchase.

Yes. On my motherboard, it's RP05. If you look in the second link, you will find a good explanation. I think you should try following those directions. It should work for you.

Hello
Do you guys have problems with sound if you connect headphones to the front panel?
my sound is distorted = (

Hello
Do you guys have problems with sound if you connect headphones to the front panel?
my sound is distorted = (

I didn’t before Catalina that I am aware of but I noticed issues since. My headphone cord is super long so I do not mind it needing to be plugged in the back makes for less wire to get tangled with my chair.

I didn’t before Catalina that I am aware of but I noticed issues since. My headphone cord is super long so I do not mind it needing to be plugged in the back makes for less wire to get tangled with my chair.
I had a problem in the Mojave, Catalina system ... Digital noise, the sound is distorted and sounds quietly loudly. In Windows, I did not notice this problem :(((

Back