Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

I was reporting back because this other previous message your send (quoted below)

So turns out that using iMacPro1,1 and with 5700XT you get HEVC too. This or I'm not following the conversation due to my ignorance haha.

As always thanks so much for the help and info <3

Ah... Yeah, the RX 560-590 for whatever reason doesn't do h.265 when using iMacPro1,1. I don't know why that limitation is there... Perhaps it's due to those GPUs only having ever been used in iMacs with IGPU... Idk...

Ah... Yeah, the RX 560-590 for whatever reason doesn't do h.265 when using iMacPro1,1. I don't know why that limitation is there... Perhaps it's due to those GPUs only having ever been used in iMacs with IGPU... Idk...
Yeah hard to tell!. At least we know now 5700 should work fine and have 264/265 with no problems.

Using Hackintool is probably the easiest way to do it now.

1. Make sure all your USB ports are enabled.
  2. Launch Hackintool.
  3. Click on the USB tab.
  4. Plug and unplug a USB 2 device to each and every USB port on your computer.
  5. Plug and unplug a USB 3 device to each and every USB port on your computer.
  6. All the ports that you activated should now be in green (teal?).
  7. Right-click on all the white lines and delete them.
  8. Count how many ports are remaining. If it is 15 or less, you are good. If it is over 15, you will have to choose some ports to delete until you are down to 15 or less.
  9. Click on the button to generate your USB files.
  10. Decide if you want to use the SSDT or the kext and install it to your EFI folder.
  11. Done.

USB 3 ports will count as two.

Edit:
Updated directions 07-29-19. Thanks to Stork.
Followed your guide and I've just created my first SSDT files for USB. I've used the latest version of Hackintool as of today being 2.8.4. This was performed on a Dell Optiplex 9020 SFF I converted into a Hackintosh for my gf a couple of months ago.

I first inserted a USB 2.0 mouse I had laying around on all the ports, then I proceeded with a USB disk 3.0 also in all ports. Deleted a couple of "white" USB ports and ended up with 14 ports. However when I clicked on Hackintool's Export button I only got one aml file SSDT-UIAC.aml (where the port definitions are) but I didn't got any SSDT-USBX.aml for power injection.

Is this normal or I'm missing something?

NOTE: I also got a kext file that I'm not planning on use, prefer the aml route.

Followed your guide and I've just created my first SSDT files for USB. I've used the latest version of Hackintool as of today being 2.8.4. This was performed on a Dell Optiplex 9020 SFF I converted into a Hackintosh for my gf a couple of months ago.

I first inserted a USB 2.0 mouse I had laying around on all the ports, then I proceeded with a USB disk 3.0 also in all ports. Deleted a couple of "white" USB ports and ended up with 14 ports. However when I clicked on Hackintool's Export button I only got one aml file SSDT-UIAC.aml (where the port definitions are) but I didn't got any SSDT-USBX.aml for power injection.

Is this normal or I'm missing something?

NOTE: I also got a kext file that I'm not planning on use, prefer the aml route.

I just tested the latest version and didn't get an SSDT-USBX.aml either. You can find it in my EFI files attached to post #1.

Yes, you should use either SSDT-UIAC.aml or USBPorts.kext, not both.

I just tested the latest version and didn't get an SSDT-USBX.aml either. You can find it in my EFI files attached to post #1.

Yes, you should use either SSDT-UIAC.aml or USBPorts.kext, not both.
But isn't your SSDT-USBX.aml specific for your board only? or it's just a generic file?

But isn't your SSDT-USBX.aml specific for your board only? or it's just a generic file?

Oh wait... You are doing the fix for an Optiplex 9020... I don't know if it's even needed for that. In some instances, just having EC is enough.

Please check the following thread to see if it's required for the Optiplex:

Looking at the ioreg file, everything seems pretty good...

View attachment 433996

You can exclude the two unused ports and enable the two rear USB 2 ports by using:
Code:
uia_exclude=HS07;HS08;HS11;HS12;HS14;SS07;SS08;SS09;SS10;USR1;USR2

On OpenCore, I used a different SSDT-USB.aml with fixed ports assigned.

I changed the argument as specified but my USB 3.0 ports still aren't working (the only two that are working are the SS ones). Ever since the update to Catalina, they haven't been working with the Clover EFIs.

Screen Shot 2019-11-02 at 9.36.47 AM.png

I changed the argument as specified but my USB 3.0 ports still aren't working (the only two that are working are the SS ones). Ever since the update to Catalina, they haven't been working with the Clover EFIs.

View attachment 434054

The image shows all the correct ports being active...

Please launch Hackintool and go to the USB section. Then plug and unplug USB devices in to random ports. See if the devices appear in Hackintool.

The image shows all the correct ports being active...

Please launch Hackintool and go to the USB section. Then plug and unplug USB devices in to random ports. See if the devices appear in Hackintool.

Only 2 ports appear in Hackintool (The SS ones), the rest are inactive and do not display any devices.

Screen Shot 2019-11-02 at 10.09.34 AM.png

Only 2 ports appear in Hackintool (The SS ones), the rest are inactive and do not display any devices.
Looks like you have an Asmedia USB controller which is not subject to the same limitations as Intel controllers.

Back