Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

Hi!

Thank you for the new OpenCore update.
There is no Apple folder in this one, should I copy the one from Point 4?
I was wondering cause I am booting and it works but I get a "fix your kext" message while loading

I don't know why the "fix your kext" message is there. It was also there for the previous OpenCore EFI. But it never caused any problems so I just ignored it.

The Apple folder will not fix that.

I don't know... I've never messed with a Tascam device. It's probably best to ask them if they have Catalina compatible drivers/firmware available.

I didn't expect you to have an answer for this as well... :)

Tascam actually says that they won't make new drivers for Catalina so it is time to sell my audio interface and buy a new one I guess.

Once again thank you for your support, help and fast replies! If you're ever in the Netherlands I owe you a beer :headbang:

Ok, I admit this surprised me. I am running 2 Thunderbolt cards plugged directly into my motherboard. The Titan Ridge is connected to the THB_C, and it drives the LG 5K by taking in two DisplayPort and sending out 1 USB C. It is also connected to the motherboard via a USB connector.

I powered down my machine, turned off the PSU, unplugged the THB_C connector from the Titan Ridge card (I left the USB connected) and booted straight into Catalina. Much to my surprise Display Audio and Display Webcam are both working perfectly with no THB_C connection.
Sorry to assault this thread but I would love to use specifically this motherboard! However I do require the Titan Ridge add-on card to connect the LG 5k. Sadly this motherboard doesn't come with a TB3 header, but looking at this quote from @Horatio looks like it won't be required in order to get audio and video working (only an internal USB Header that any motherboard has). This test made by the user is on a Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro Wifi that of course includes the TB3 and BIOS entries, so might be quite different than others boards with the Z370 and with no native TB3 support.

Have anyone on this thread tried to use the Alpine or Titan Ridge + LG 5k and got audio/video from the monitor working fine? If yes, does sleep works perfectly?. Thanks a lot for any info, really appreciate it!

Last edited:
I don't have a Sidecar compatible iPad so I can't test...

Yes, that's what I've been reading. iMacPro1,1 will allow for DRM to work but Sidecar won't. iMac19,x will allow Sidecar to work but DRM won't. The reason is that Sidecar relies on IGPU to work on iMac19,x and relies on T2 chip to work on iMacPro1,1.
AH thanks for clearing that up! hopefully someone can find a way to fix the DRM issue in iMac19,X

@pastrychef can boot in safe mode? When I try I stuck on verbose down below;

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-10-23 at 16.15.42 copy.jpg
    Screen Shot 2019-10-23 at 16.15.42 copy.jpg
    732 KB · Views: 37
@pastrychef can boot in safe mode? When I try I stuck on verbose down below;

Okay. I just tested booting in to Safe Mode on my Z390 M.

How I did it:
At the Clover boot menu, I pressed the space bar and enabled Safe Mode.
Then, I went back to the main Clover boot menu and booted in to my macOS Catalina drive.

When my monitor was connected to my Thunderbolt card, I got black screen after boot. I'm not sure if it's because DisplayPort was routed through the Thunderbolt card.

When I tried with my monitor connected via HDMI, it booted Safe Mode with no problems.

Okay. I just tested booting in to Safe Mode on my Z390 M.

How I did it:
At the Clover boot menu, I pressed the space bar and enabled Safe Mode.
Then, I went back to the main Clover boot menu and booted in to my macOS Catalina drive.

When my monitor was connected to my Thunderbolt card, I got black screen after boot. I'm not sure if it's because DisplayPort was routed through the Thunderbolt card.

When I tried with my monitor connected via HDMI, it booted Safe Mode with no problems.

Yeah, I did the exact same process and got the black screen. I bought a new 4K (this is my first 4K experience btw) and tried on it which is connection type is DP.

Are your kexts located on L/E or Clover/EFI?

Mine is located in Clover/EFI. Also, I add boot arg adgpmod=pikera but it didn't help.

Another question, are you using any boot arg for 4K or special settings?

Yeah, I did the exact same process and got the black screen. I bought a new 4K (this is my first 4K experience btw) and tried on it which is connection type is DP.

Are your kexts located on L/E or Clover/EFI?

Mine is located in Clover/EFI. Also, I add boot arg adgpmod=pikera but it didn't help.

Another question, are you using any boot arg for 4K or special settings?

I always put all my kexts in /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/.

I stopped putting kexts in to /Library/Extensions/ a few years ago. This is why I am able to enable SIP.

I do not have any special settings or boot arguments for 4K. It is automatically detected. I do it the same way for all my builds.

Back